Network Rail Apprenticeship - delays

Discussion in 'Railway Jobs & Careers' started by M84, 10 Jan 2020.

1. M84

M84 Member

Not sure if any upcoming apprentices are on here but having spoke to Ambertrack today I have been advised -

Written offers are due out in the next 2 weeks with medical appointments to follow.

Not sure why they're so far behind but don't panic if you don't have your formal offers yet!

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. KuruptReader

KuruptReader Member

Hi mate, thanks for the update. I'm also due to start the apprenticeship and just awaiting contract and medical.

4. M84

M84 Member

They sent me a letter today letting me know that my application is under review to see if I make it through to the next stage. Obviously some mistake as I'm also awaiting medical and contract.

Hopefully won't be long for everyone.

5. KuruptReader

KuruptReader Member

That's strange!

When did they call you to let you know you passed the assessment center? I got my call on Christmas Eve and an email on new year's eve confirming my verbal offer, with details to following etc...

6. M84

M84 Member

I was down as a reserve on the September intake and they offered me a place for the March intake back in September.

7. KuruptReader

KuruptReader Member

Nice, good luck in OHL they put me in S&T though the lady from Ambertrack just said Signalling. My depot will be Hitchin, what about you?

8. M84

M84 Member

Thanks. I know someone who is currently doing S&T and is really enjoying it so hopefully you'll like it.

I'll be based at Gravesend in Kent. It's literally an hour commute for me but the apprenticeship opportunity is too good to miss.