• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Rail Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

First class

Established Member
Hi,

Does anybody know what exactly Network Rail get in terms of discounts on the railways? (other than the old box-privs).

I've heard standard 25% rate, 40% season discount, 50% season discount etc...

Also, does anyone know whether most guards would just let a Network Rail employee on in uniform and with ID card or something similar?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Does anybody know what exactly Network Rail get in terms of discounts on the railways? (other than the old box-privs).

Nothing :shock:

I've heard standard 25% rate, 40% season discount, 50% season discount etc...

I beleive there is a discount (40%?) for a season tickets to / from work for non safeguarded staff

Also, does anyone know whether most guards would just let a Network Rail employee on in uniform and with ID card or something similar?

Almost certainly not!

NWR staff only get as already stated reduced rate on Seasons, although I thought it was 50%.

As for blagging on with NWR ID, I suspect that it would be a lot more hitty-missy that blagging on with a TOC card.

If you're with a TOC at the moment and are thinking of transfering to NWR, then think about it very, very long and hard as those travel facilites for any TOCNE staff are a lot to give up!

DavyCrocket

A certain TOC gives free or discounted point to point seasons to Signallers at a certain London Signal Box!

Status
Not open for further replies.