• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Rail DVTs to Long Marston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Townsend Hook

The four Network Rail Mk3 DVTs (82111, 82124, 82129, 82145) are moving to Long Marston this coming Friday (26th), presumably for storage. Movement to depart Derby RTC approximately 1000 with a Colas 37.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DB

Did they ever actually use them for anything after fitting them with AAR multiple-working and testing them?

Wyrleybart

Established Member
Surprised they haven't gone to Burton instead. That is where some stuff from Long Marston has been shifted to, and I possibly wrongly thought, because they were redevloping the Warwickshire site.

On Moderation
Surprised they haven't gone to Burton instead. That is where some stuff from Long Marston has been shifted to, and I possibly wrongly thought, because they were redevloping the Warwickshire site.
Porterbrook take over the lease of Long Marston in the next few months (June or July from memory).

Nym

Established Member
They've been used as generator cars in some test train formations.
Can't recall them being used as actual DVTs though. And with the advent of Colas using HST power cars with their associated conversion, I don't see them ever being used as anything but.

DB

They've been used as generator cars in some test train formations.
Can't recall them being used as actual DVTs though. And with the advent of Colas using HST power cars with their associated conversion, I don't see them ever being used as anything but.

Surprised Colas never used them rather than a pair of 67s. They could probably also work with the NR rebuilt 73s as they have AAR fitted.

Townsend Hook

Surprised Colas never used them rather than a pair of 67s. They could probably also work with the NR rebuilt 73s as they have AAR fitted.

Their route availability after rebuilding was atrocious, and traction knowledge was never kept up. As for using them with the yellow 73/9s, I don’t think they’ve ever been reliable enough to be trusted to work individually!

fgwrich

Established Member
It's a bit of a shame to see them stored, but it's another fleet to add to the NR history books of "Paint it Yellow" then don't use it. The 57/3s were a bit of a similar case, spending more time in storage in Eastleigh works before the usual return to sender and DRS taking them on.

On Moderation
It's a bit of a shame to see them stored, but it's another fleet to add to the NR history books of "Paint it Yellow" then don't use it. The 57/3s were a bit of a similar case, spending more time in storage in Eastleigh works before the usual return to sender and DRS taking them on.
Given that it is getting towards the end of March when they are being moved to store and NR's financial year ends on 31 March, it would point towards the lease ending on 31/03 and the vehicles are being returned to Porterbrook.

Status
Not open for further replies.