• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network rail hearing standard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CJK64

hi,

Does anyone know what the network rail hearing standard is for safety critical staff?

Thanks

There is no standard as such but it’s part of your 10 yearly or new starter medical.
You are put in a Booth and have to press a button each time you hear a noise in your earphones.
It’s a simple as that.
If you are a current employee and have concerns about your hearing you should report it to your line manager who will arrange an optima health referral.

Chadh97

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I had my pre employment PTS medical and they said my hearing is 60 and their limit is 90 but I don’t know what they mean. I had my hearing tested at boots and Specsavers before and after the test and they said my hearing is fine. However NR said I have hearing loss in one ear so I’m a bit confused

Bigdriver

I mate you have to be able to hear certain tones / a man at. My work has a hearing aid fails the test without them put passed to a certain standard and he’s a class and nominated person he just can’t go on track alone but would be lying if I had to tell you the ins and outs as a don’t know !

Another guy who operates machines passed his first medical then had a new once told he had failed he got referred to another doctor through work told him he had a build up in his ears sorted that out and passed a month later

Status
Not open for further replies.