• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Rail Measurement Train

Status
Not open for further replies.

benk1342

A Measurement Train is idling at Welwyn Garden City station right now (occupying the main London-bound platform). Anyone have any way of finding out what they're up to?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

brad465

Established Member
Probably what it always does, surveying all factors on the line, confusing people with the pantograph that doesn't receive power, trying to hide from trainspotters and beased on how it's sitting in the station, showing off.;)

Hydro

Established Member
It's probably Hydro having his dinner break!

Good Lord no, I'm safely at home. NMT is doing what it normally does, measuring this, that, and the other. It's true, I don't tend to touch the NMT very much any more so I'm not quite sure what it's doing off the top of my head. I think it's come down from the Toon though.

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
I think it's come down from the Toon though.
Yes, I beleive it was within sighting distance of one of my regular Sunday coffee stops.

Which reminds me, my first thought on reading
A Measurement Train is idling at Welwyn Garden City station right now (occupying the main London-bound platform). Anyone have any way of finding out what they're up to?
was to suggest that its crew would be brewing tea or coffee.

tsr

Established Member
"We apologise for the disruption to services to and from Welwyn Garden City due to [slight pause] the non-availability of staff [slight pause] for an [slight pause] engineering train. [Pause] A buffet car is available [slight pause] on this [slight pause] engineering train."

causton

Established Member
"We apologise for the disruption to services to and from Welwyn Garden City due to [slight pause] the non-availability of staff [slight pause] for an [slight pause] engineering train. [Pause] A buffet car is available [slight pause] on this [slight pause] engineering train."

Knowing the FCC systems I would expect it to repeat "The next train at platform X is not scheduled to stop here. Please keep away from the edge of [pause] Platform X" over and over till it left! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.