• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Rail Medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

marko81

Hi Guys,

After a couple of years of applying i finally have been offered a job at Network Rail as a Track Inspection Operative. I've had the Formal offer pack etc and filled in and sent back and i have my medical this wednesday. I have just started reading the paperwork from the medical company and getting stuff ready and am a bit concerned now.

I have been taking Sertraline (which is a member of the ssri group of tablets, albeit a very very mild one) for 8 years now. Its not for depression as i have never had depression but it was diagnosed as my GP thinks i just dont produce enough Serotonin and i will probably therefore have to take it for life.. I am on the lowest possible dosage and have never had any side effects or anything like tht but am reading conflicting stories about whether this will mean i will fail my medical.

Has anybody had any experience of anything similar?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

12guard4

Can't advise on your drugs but if it will help put your mind at ease I can tell you that you will have the opportunity to tell them what you take and why you take it. Just remember to be honest with them.

philthetube

Established Member
They will probably ask permission to contact your doctor concerning this, it might be worth asking him to provide a letter for you to take with you to your medical, the doc may charge for this.

marko81

Well, all was fine. No problems with Sertraline, just needed documenting so i've now passed the medical and D & A test etc. Just waiting for my start date now..

Paul80

Hi Mark

I'm new to this forum..

I'm in the process of applying to be a signaller..

I currently take sertraline, 50mg to help with mild depression..

I'm worried this may prevent me from passing the medical..

Could you let me know what they said re sertraline? Were they okay with it provided it was declared? Did they go into the reasons for taking it?

Thanks

Paul

marko81

Hi Mark

I'm new to this forum..

I'm in the process of applying to be a signaller..

I currently take sertraline, 50mg to help with mild depression..

I'm worried this may prevent me from passing the medical..

Could you let me know what they said re sertraline? Were they okay with it provided it was declared? Did they go into the reasons for taking it?

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

They had no problems whatsoever with the Sertraline. Didnt ask any more about it at all. Not bothered really as they know its the mildest possible one..

Paul80

That's great, thanks so much for taking the time to reply

All the best

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.