Network Rail posters

Discussion in 'UK Railway Discussion' started by johntea, 11 Aug 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johntea

johntea Established Member

Every so often Network Rail knocks up a poster to advise of works they're carrying out over Easter and the like.

Usually their marketing team put a decent bit of effort in, for the Easter one they made train track look like bunny ears as an example :lol:

However it looks as if the marketing budget has been cut for the latest round of posters, my personal caption for this one is 'Bloke having to work over the bank holiday but would rather be in the pub' ;)

Attached Files:

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. Domh245

Domh245 Established Member

It might be that the publicity department have decided to try and counter the awful press that Network Rail have encountered of late. As if they are trying to remind these commuters who've become rabid about NR and it's constant failings that at the end of the day, it is people giving up their holidays when they could be in the pub.

If they wanted better awareness of this, they could always put the senior managers in stocks at London Bridge station and have staff pelt them with wet sponges. Whatever donations make their way into a fundraising bucket are then shared amongst the senior staff as their bonus! I think I may have just solved the PR problem ;)

4. lincolnshire

lincolnshire Member

I think who ever thought this up should have thought again as been in the pub and working for the railway doesn,t really go together.not really something to advertise, since everyone knows about the limit for drinking and working on the railway.
    It would have been better if the poster had said Bloke having to work over the bank holiday but would rather have been out with his family enjoying quality time together.

Wonder how much they paid for it?

5. 221129

221129 Established Member

Where on the poster does it mention the pub?

6. Deepgreen

Deepgreen Established Member

Confusion all round here, compounded by the two meanings of 'poster' on a forum!

7. Domh245

Domh245 Established Member

To summarise. The original poster (OP) captioned the Network Rail Poster (NRP)

The actual poster contains no such mention of pubs. That would be silly

8. 221129

221129 Established Member

Indeed however the person I quoted suggested that the Network Rail Advertising Poster had said that.

9. edwin_m

edwin_m Veteran Member

I wonder if the reason for just a simple photo is because people will mutter about Network Rail wasting taxpayers' money on arty posters. Probably doesn't actually save any money though, unless it reduces the number of complaints they have to answer.

10. Bald Rick

Bald Rick Established Member

I took "my personal caption" to suggest that was the individual poster's personal suggestion for the caption on the poster.

Anyway, I'm sure Luke would be happy with your comments. He's a real employee by the way who does a proper job on track.

11. westv

westv Established Member

But the important question is what pub does he use? :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.