• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Rail rail and underground season tickets subsidies

Status
Not open for further replies.

keihonsam

Good evening everyone, I am going to start working at NR next week and want to ask how to get the rail and underground season tickets subsidies. I have tried to ask my line manager but no reply. Therefore, may I ask are there any processes or applications I have to do before getting the season tickets subsidies? Many thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GemGem

You apply via abellio. www.abelliocorporatetravel.com
Your line manager needs to sign it off but once they do it’s sent pretty quick. In the meantime if you buy a weekly or equivalent they will refund you the money once you receive your season ticket and you send them in your old ticket

CJK64

Good evening everyone, I am going to start working at NR next week and want to ask how to get the rail and underground season tickets subsidies. I have tried to ask my line manager but no reply. Therefore, may I ask are there any processes or applications I have to do before getting the season tickets subsidies? Many thanks!

Part of your onboarding process should have covered subsidised season tickets. For the record you get a 75% reduction, which is very employees entitlement..

Your line manager should supply you with this so I would ring him or the recruitment advisor that dealt with your application..

Boodiggy

You apply via abellio. www.abelliocorporatetravel.com
Your line manager needs to sign it off but once they do it’s sent pretty quick. In the meantime if you buy a weekly or equivalent they will refund you the money once you receive your season ticket and you send them in your old ticket

us line managers don’t sign it off we just get a notification that the cost will show coming from our cost centre.
Some of the people I hired externally had issues getting their’s right away but others had no problems.
if you know your employee number may be worth calling abellio yourself.

The Planner

Veteran Member
Part of your onboarding process should have covered subsidised season tickets. For the record you get a 75% reduction, which is very employees entitlement..

Your line manager should supply you with this so I would ring him or the recruitment advisor that dealt with your application..
75% to a limit, its not off any cost.

Eloise

The season ticket subsidy is capped at £x. So if the cap is £4000 but your season ticket is £5000 you only get 75% subsidy on the £4000. I can't recall what the cap is though and it may well vary by NR band, I really can't remember.

The Planner

Veteran Member
Not sure what you mean by that but yes you get 75% reduction in the normal cost of a season ticket.
I mean you wouldnt get 75% off a £10000 season ticket. The limit is capped as said above. It used to be around the £2500 mark.

CJK64

I mean you wouldnt get 75% off a £10000 season ticket. The limit is capped as said above. It used to be around the £2500 mark.

Not to my knowledge.. 75% off any season ticket.. I’ve sorted a few of these out for staff and I’ve never come across an exception.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
For the record you get a 75% reduction, which is very employees entitlement..

Strictly speaking, not every employee is entitled to it. All new employees are, however.

Not to my knowledge.. 75% off any season ticket.. I’ve sorted a few of these out for staff and I’ve never come across an exception.

It is 75% off Standard Class season tickets, for annual or 6 month tickets only. The subsidy is 75% of the cost, up to a maximum subsidy of £2,750 for an annual ticket (ie ticket price of £3666.66).

Essentially it is a loan - say your ticket costs £3000, the company pays for it, then you pay back the loan over the next 10 pay periods at 25% of £300, ie £75. (it’s always 10 pay periods for an annual ticket, 5 for a six monthly ticket).

Note that the subsidy is treated as income so you pay tax and insurance on it through PAYE.

Status
Not open for further replies.