• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Rail Staff Travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmacw

What's the line on Network Rail staff travelling on trains whilst in uniform for work purposes?

Do NR pay for train tickets or do they get free travel?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lincolnshire

All travel by Train for Network Rail staff as to be paid for a thing that never happened back in B.R. days , where you just had a pass for example all stations eastern region or you was issued with a free pass for your journey.
Once collected 2 years ago two tickets for a person to travel from York to London KX on a tuesday and again on a thursday for a safety reps. meeting at Network Rail HQ and had to be there for 9-00am total cost of two tickets to allow early arrival in London £450 approx.
That was another cost for the privatized railways footed by the tax payer.
Also think I am right that P.Way or S&T staff cab riding the route also have to buy a ticket for the journey they are cab riding.
Bring back B.R. and save all this extra expenses.

Minilad

Established Member
All travel by Train for Network Rail staff as to be paid for a thing that never happened back in B.R. days , where you just had a pass for example all stations eastern region or you was issued with a free pass for your journey.
Once collected 2 years ago two tickets for a person to travel from York to London KX on a tuesday and again on a thursday for a safety reps. meeting at Network Rail HQ and had to be there for 9-00am total cost of two tickets to allow early arrival in London £450 approx.
That was another cost for the privatized railways footed by the tax payer.
Also think I am right that P.Way or S&T staff cab riding the route also have to buy a ticket for the journey they are cab riding.
Bring back B.R. and save all this extra expenses.

No. They don't

EM2

Established Member
It depends. I've travelled London - Derby for work, and was simply given a 'Permission To Travel' from the TOC.
Other times, I've needed tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.