• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Rail - Train Delay Attributor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Termy

Hi all,

I've noticed quite a few Train Delay Attributor roles popping up on the Network Rail careers website recently (Two in London, and one in Cardiff), and the job description listed sounded pretty sweet so went ahead and applied. And rather nicely, my application for London Victoria is showing up as "Application under consideration for Assessment 2", which I know from research means it is being considered for Interview/Assessment Centre.

So I thought I would put out feelers, find out if there are any currently in the role here on the forums, and find out as much about it as I can in preparation! :)

Thanks in advance for your assistance, I look forward to hearing all about it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Termy

Start here: http://www.delayattributionboard.co.uk. If nothing else, it should give you key words and concepts to use in an interview!

Ah, yes. I had read through the latest Delay Attribution Guide dated April 2016 a few weeks ago, and it made for some very interesting, brilliant reading. And having checked again, lots more made for interesting reading too. Thank you. :)

TomBoyd

ah ha! The Enemy...

Good luck at interview! Make sure you know all the acronyms, like PPM, and what they are exactly.

Termy

ah ha! The Enemy...

Good luck at interview! Make sure you know all the acronyms, like PPM, and what they are exactly.

Unfortunately so, I will be the enemy if I do well at interview and get hired. ;) It has been a lifelong dream of mine to work on, or with the rails, and after a disaster of a Trainee Train Manager process a while back this seems like a good way to recover confidence in the rail jndustry, and get experience!

A quick Google on my phone shows that PPM is Public Performance Measure, corrext? I'll do further reading into it, as well as other acronyms to make sure I I see stand them. Thank you! :3

I am not a TDA, but I have regular contact with them, and it seems one of the major challenges the role faces is getting accurate and impartial information out of people who may not want to be completely frank with you. This includes people as diverse as signallers, station staff and TOC controllers, all of whom may wish to, shall we say, underplay their role in creating a delay! So good luck, and prepare to have your tenacity and analytical skills tested!

Termy

I am not a TDA, but I have regular contact with them, and it seems one of the major challenges the role faces is getting accurate and impartial information out of people who may not want to be completely frank with you. This includes people as diverse as signallers, station staff and TOC controllers, all of whom may wish to, shall we say, underplay their role in creating a delay! So good luck, and prepare to have your tenacity and analytical skills tested!

Yees, I can imagine that staff would want to underplay their role and communicate in some cases the bare minimum, for various reasons, whether this be due to their busy nature or just to get away from the issue at hand. Either way, I have been informed by many I have the ability to be... persistent when I need to be. But I will happily be friendly first to get what I need. :)

Thankfully in my current role, I've been put through an Analytical Tradecraft Foundations course, so I'm fairly hyped on proving this course worked. I've already been annoyingly informed however that my employer won't be able to put this into any reference for me to provide though, but I can understand the reasoning they provided against this.

NX

I'm afraid being a TDA especially with NR is a very stressful role, TOC TDAs will attempt to run rings round you inorder off load their delay minutes onto NR.

You will not be poplar with NR staff either, you job is to allocate blame, be under no mistake of that.

The jobs come up often, because people soon realise the task ahead of them and jump as quickly as they can.

Regards Charles

Status
Not open for further replies.