• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Railcard can't be linked to Oyster any more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

francescofav

Hi there,

I've been travelling around the South East for a few years now using a network railcard that I also linked to my Oyster to get 1/3 off of my pay-as-you-go journeys when I used the Oyster automatically.

I hear this would not be possible any more, as confirmed by this TLF page: https://tfl.gov.uk/fares/free-and-discounted-travel/national-railcard-discount
Can anyone please confirm this is the case and since when?
My current network railcard, valid until September 2020 is still linked to my Oyster.

Does this mean that when I travel on a journey where I can choose either to use my Oyster or to buy a train ticket, I should do the latter to het 1/3 off, that is not buying the ticket from TFL but from the rail company? And if this is the case, wouldn't this be a loss for TFL?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt_world2004

Established Member
Hi there,

I've been travelling around the South East for a few years now using a network railcard that I also linked to my Oyster to get 1/3 off of my pay-as-you-go journeys when I used the Oyster automatically.

I hear this would not be possible any more, as confirmed by this TLF page: https://tfl.gov.uk/fares/free-and-discounted-travel/national-railcard-discount
Can anyone please confirm this is the case and since when?
My current network railcard, valid until September 2020 is still linked to my Oyster.

Does this mean that when I travel on a journey where I can choose either to use my Oyster or to buy a train ticket, I should do the latter to het 1/3 off, that is not buying the ticket from TFL but from the rail company? And if this is the case, wouldn't this be a loss for TFL?

Thanks
Its never been linkable to oyster.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
To the best of my knowledge, it has never been possible to add a Network Card discount to Oyster, I think you’ve been fortunate there’s been an error in your favour...

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Network Railcards are subject to a minimum fare of £13 on weekdays so I believe this is the main reason why they've not been able to be linked to Oyster cards. If you have managed to get a Network Railcard applied to an Oyster card then it's been done in error.

Status
Not open for further replies.