• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Railcard online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Established Member
I worked at a station that wasn't my own on Sunday and was presented with a plastic Network Railcard in a similar style to the other online issued railcards. I took it in and questioned where it was purchased and was told online.

Personally I've never known them to be issued online and a cursory check of the Railcard website confirmed it isn't presently possible to buy them online. But this may not have always been the case. Or was it?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

causton

Established Member
Nice to see if that font is what they actually use that it is not at all consistent with the other railcards - the picture looks fake and I hope ones in the flesh do not look like that!

TheEdge

Established Member
Nice to see if that font is what they actually use that it is not at all consistent with the other railcards - the picture looks fake and I hope ones in the flesh do not look like that!

It is. I've seen several GTR online issued seasons like that recently and it really does make you stop for a second.

RJ

Established Member
This link was posted on this forum a while back with the Network Railcard available (may be out of date now?)
https://railcards.thameslinkrailway.com/

Perhaps this is a better link
http://www.thameslinkrailway.com/tickets-and-fares/railcards/

And that solves the mystery! Thank you.

Yes, it did. I was also surprised to see railcards with hand stamped dates on, but the iKb accounts for those!

Last edited:

radamfi

Established Member
what does the red circle R mean?

Don't know, but the R in a circle appeared on the card once it the minimum fare started. So you could distinguish between cards with and without a minimum fare by the R in a circle.

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Restricted maybe?

It's rather odd that ATOC don't sell the Network Railcard directly, and even odder that a TOC has decided to issue them online themselves, but still direct those seeking other railcards to the ATOC railcards site. Does its geographic area mean it is a local railcard and can't be sold centrally?

Be3G

Established Member
Hopefully that'll now make it more likely for discounts (in the form of online voucher codes) to be made available to bring down the cost of the railcard a bit, considering its ever-diminishing usefulness.

Status
Not open for further replies.