• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Railcard validity after midnight Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibsmi

Hello, does anyone know if an off-peak day return bought on Sunday with a Network Railcard remains valid early Monday am (eg 0030)?

As far as I can tell, off-peak day returns are valid in the early am of the next day but I can't find anything written about Network Railcard validity then.

The specific journey I hope to make is on Sunday from London to Paddock Wood, returning about 0030 from Paddock Wood Monday, Off-peak day return with Network Railcard is £10.65.

I've e-mailed South Eastern over a week ago with this question but they've yet to respond.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Ed.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Your discounted ticket is valid for travel at 0030 on Monday.

Generally speaking, a ticket can be used up to 0429 if dated the day before and adheres to the conditions of the previous day. These extra few hours are treated as an extension to the previous day's clock.

tony_mac

Established Member
Your discounted ticket is valid for travel at 0030 on Monday.

Generally speaking, a ticket can be used up to 0429 if dated the day before and adheres to the conditions of the previous day. These extra few hours are treated as an extension to the previous day's clock.

Is there anything published that reflects this, with regard to minimum fares?

As an example, both National Rail and Eastcoast show that a 16-25 railcard discounted anytime day return from Ealing Broadway to Paddington is not valid to return after midnight.
FGW's website, however, shows that it is valid.

(BTW, on an unrelated note, I noticed that National Rail will randomly send you to any website to buy this ticket, including thetrainline and Raileasy, apologies if this has been discussed before)

Status
Not open for further replies.