• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Railcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

FGW_Lad

A bit of a random question. If I purchased a Network Railcard could I use it for just myself or would I have to travel with another person? I'm asking as I was looking between Slough and Reading which were not showing discounted fares on the GWR app.

I'm not entirely sure of the railcard but assume the discounts are similar to a 16-25 card.

Many thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

causton

Established Member
You can use it by yourself, but:

-You cannot use it at all on a standard weekday before 10am
-On a weekday it has a £13 minimum fare per ticket

So you may be falling foul of these.

Best to check the Network Railcard website to check the terms and conditions as it is quite restricted!

Silver Cobra

As the most expensive weekday standard class fare between Slough and Reading is £10.20 for an Anytime Day return, you would not be able to get discount on any weekday fares due to this being below the Network Railcard's £13 minimum fare requirement on weekdays.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.