• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network railcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cundy66

If I travel from Bedford to London 6 zones and meet a friend at West Hampstead Thameslink.

Would I be able to get a friend travelling with me at a later stop a West Hampstead Thameslink to London 6 zones ticket if I was to meet them outside the station.

Or do I need the tickets from same station?

Thanks
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Edited to make sense

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CyrusWuff

Established Member
You could, but no discount would apply unless it was the weekend or a public holiday, as an "in-boundary" Off-Peak Day Travelcard is £12.10, which is below the £13 Network Railcard minimum fare.

Cundy66

It would be a weekend. I just didn't know if all tickets had to start from same origin or just as long as the person is with railcard holder.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
It would be a weekend. I just didn't know if all tickets had to start from same origin or just as long as the person is with railcard holder.

AIUI they don't - but they may not be allowed through the barrier without you, so you may need to break your journey to collect them.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Yes, sensible on the return as well to ensure they are not caught at the barrier for "travelling without a valid Railcard" - they need to be able to present it until they are out of the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.