• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Railcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony_mac

Established Member
Is there any way of buying a Network Railcard from outside the area? (As I would be using it before I arrive in the area).

I assumed that they would be available to order online, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I suppose, in the worst case, I can try and get someone to buy one and post it to me. I assume there should be no problem buying one in what is obviously somebody else's name?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

davetheguard

Established Member
Is there any way of buying a Network Railcard from outside the area? (As I would be using it before I arrive in the area).

I assumed that they would be available to order online, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I suppose, in the worst case, I can try and get someone to buy one and post it to me. I assume there should be no problem buying one in what is obviously somebody else's name?

I suspect that most stations outside the area simply wouldn't have a supply of the special ticket stock required to issue a Network Card?

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I'm not aware of a way to purchase one outwith the Network area, though just maybe somewhere like Peterborough might possibly have stock.

There wouldn't be any problem getting a friend to buy it and post it, no requirement for the purchaser to be the user.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I've purchased Network Railcard's in a friends name as a present without any problems.

island

Veteran Member
I've purchased Network Railcard's in a friends name as a present without any problems.
This should not be done as the application form for the Railcard must be signed by the person whose name will be on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.