• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Networker (465/466) allocations on Maidstone East line from 20th May

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad465

Established Member
After the cascade of 377s to this line (which I think are rubbish for lack of refurbishment <(), does anyone have details of 465/466 configurations for services (if any) in the new timetable change?

As a current Maidstone resident, I identified and have used 2 configurations in the evening peaks, the 17:28-18:40 VIC-MDE and 19:04-20:42 BFR-AFK, the latter returning as the 21:02-22:37 AFK-VIC.

While all the service times are changing, the number of services doesn't appear to be, so if 465/466s are needed because there aren't enough 377s to run all peak formations, I believe they may still need to retain Networker formations :idea:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Antman

Established Member
After the cascade of 377s to this line (which I think are rubbish for lack of refurbishment <(), does anyone have details of 465/466 configurations for services (if any) in the new timetable change?

As a current Maidstone resident, I identified and have used 2 configurations in the evening peaks, the 17:28-18:40 VIC-MDE and 19:04-20:42 BFR-AFK, the latter returning as the 21:02-22:37 AFK-VIC.

While all the service times are changing, the number of services doesn't appear to be, so if 465/466s are needed because there aren't enough 377s to run all peak formations, I believe they may still need to retain Networker formations :idea:

A guard told me a while ago that as far as he knew there would be no more 465/6's to Ashford but still one or two peak hour workings to Maidstone East.

brad465

Established Member
A guard told me a while ago that as far as he knew there would be no more 465/6's to Ashford but still one or two peak hour workings to Maidstone East.

Would make sense as I believe Ashford doesn't stable Networker formations these days, so starting and/or finishing Ashford services would be difficult to give such formations to, unless, as the Blackfriars example in place at the moment shows, it turned around to form another service, where one of the two runs is outside the regular off-peak running pattern

John1975

No Networkers visiting Ashford, and the only ones terminating at Maidstone East are 17.09 from Victoria (6 car) and 19.05 from Blackfriars (4 car)

brad465

Established Member
Thank you, basically the same services as now but slightly different times as you'd expect, albeit the Ashford run is stopping short

Antman

Established Member
If anybody is interested 465903 did the 19.04 Blackfriars to Ashford yesterday, presumably the last ever networker south of Maidstone East?

brad465

Established Member
I did that return journey the day before, which was 465908. I presume there are also no services going London bound on the line carrying passengers. I'm hoping eventually the 377s will actually get a refurbishment at the minimum, such as when the new franchise contract starts, and/or if 375s can work in formations with them the use of a handful of them to get rid of 4 car rush hour trains, such as the cattle rammed 17:12 VIC-AFK on the old timetable

Status
Not open for further replies.