• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Networkers On The Kent Coast Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomotron

On Wikipedia, it says that Networkers sometimes run on this line, but I've been living on the line for years and haven't seen any.

Should I edit this bit out?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GW43125

Established Member
The wiki for KCL Margate-Dover states that they do some summer extras. This is indeed the case, there were Cannon St-Ramsgate (via Dartford & Gravesend) additionals on summer Saturdays last year, and I wouldn't be surprised if they happen again this year.

Doomotron

The wiki for KCL Margate-Dover states that they do some summer extras. This is indeed the case, there were Cannon St-Ramsgate (via Dartford & Gravesend) additionals on summer Saturdays last year, and I wouldn't be surprised if they happen again this year.
So because Networkers only operate on a third of the route they are on the list? Shouldn't 376s also be on there then?

GW43125

Established Member
So because Networkers only operate on a third of the route they are on the list? Shouldn't 376s also be on there then?
376s don't do service trains. Only reason they go down there is for tyre turning at Ramsgate depot.

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
Networkers are common on Victoria - Dover slows via Canterbury East, the Sheerness branch, Maidstone West branch and to Tunbridge Wells. Used to be common to Maidstone East and Ashford but not sure if 100% Electrostar now.

Networkers used to be banned between Folkestone and Dover due to the tight clearances in Shakespeare Tunnel but not sure if this is still the case

GW43125

Established Member
Networkers are common on Victoria - Dover slows via Canterbury East, the Sheerness branch, Maidstone West branch and to Tunbridge Wells. Used to be common to Maidstone East and Ashford but not sure if 100% Electrostar now.

Networkers used to be banned between Folkestone and Dover due to the tight clearances in Shakespeare Tunnel but not sure if this is still the case

Ashford/MaidEast is 100% electrostar now.

Status
Not open for further replies.