• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Neuk Line Reopening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waverley125

I know that STAR have done a lot of good work campaigning for re-opening the rail link from Dundee into St Andrews, but what does the forum reckon are gthe chances/benefits of reopening the entire line from Kirkcaldy to Leuchars?

I'd reckon that with some of the fairly substantial, and well of settlements on the line such as Largo, Anstruther, and of course St Andrews itself, it would present great opportunities for flows into both Edinburgh from the Neuk and into Dundee from the east coast of Fife.

I'd assume a basic hourly service of Edinburgh-Dundee calling at Haymarket, Inverkeithing, Kirkcaldy, Cameron Bridge, Leven, Largo, St Monans, Pittenweem, Anstruther, Crail, St Andrews Parkway, St Andrews Town, Leuchars, Dundee

And a second hourly Anstruther-Dundee commuter service.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mister-sparky

chances of it happening in the next 20-30 years? probably 0-1%. there just isn't the money around to fund it.

Status
Not open for further replies.