• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Never get drunk on the train.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

michael769

Established Member
I just glad that staff were vigilant and managed to avoid this turning into something more tragic.

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
Even tho she was incredibly foolish I bet she had a ticket :D and she gave permission for the footage to be used to warn other revellers which deserves some respect

Established Member
Described by a friend as "142 eats passenger".

Good lord ......don't give the DfT ideas on how to reduce overcrowding :)

NJTom

Had the pacer departed once she had fallen .. I suspect the pacer would have been damaged more than her. <D

Blindtraveler

Established Member
mmmm drunk pacer bashing! A future forum meet? Whos up for it?

Seriusly though at Xmas people who often dont drink much go overboard and also those who are surgically attached to the drivers seats of there cars use taxis or publick transport and all cred to her I say for0helping others avoid the same or worse misshap

JoeM

speaking of mixing alcohol and train travel....

About 10 or so years ago, when Virgin still operated a working to/from Shrewsbury, my mate and me used to go down and see which 47 it would be (if it turned up) and one night the last train to Aberystwyth went off, and then a few minutes later, without announcement, a 158 comes into the station; we assume a Manchester train, but it says Aberystwyth on the front...station fella tells us some drunk bloke had fallen asleep onboard, and woken as the train was leaving, and because he wanted Shrewsbury, they brought him back! I was surprised they could and would do that when it was his fault he missed his station.

neilmc

We didn't used to like drunks on buses very much either, especially if you had to go back to the depot with them still comatose on board.

Fortunately in the far-off days of open-platform half-cabs there was a way of dealing with them ... the driver would stand in the bus wash queue whilst the conductor went to pay in, and when his bus was next in line get the bus behind to blow his horn loudly.

Cue staggering drunk getting to the open platform just as the bus passes through the wash ...

Status
Not open for further replies.