• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New ‘Tourist’ Route at Victoria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
TfL have opened up some new underground tunnels at Victoria as part of the station upgrade.

Think along the lines of the new tunnels at Kings Cross St Pancras and you won’t be far wrong. The new tunnel from the ticket hall to the Victoria Line takes you almost to the Cardinal Place entrance

I timed myself from the platform to the ticket barrier on both the old and new route. I didn’t walk up any escalators.

Old route 1min 22secs
New route 3min 20secs

I fear interchange to/from the Circle and District Lines will also take longer if required to use the new route.

When I visited this evening both routes were available but I do hope they don’t make the old route one way or worse still make everyone go via the new route.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RichardN

This morning at 9am all the gates near the old escalators were exit only. Not sure if you could still get down the old route or if all escalators were going up, but the new route is much longer for sure.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I had a look around yesterday, there were still signs pointing down the old escalators and indeed that seems the more obvious route.

Status
Not open for further replies.