• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NEW 06/03/2020 Thameslink / Great Northern Trainee driver advert for LDN Hornsey & Brighton depots!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBDDesiro

I completed GTR1 and MiniSCAAT about 2 weeks ago, haven’t heard back after the MiniSCAAT yet

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Fancythis

I've just finished Mini SCAAT. I think that I've done ok, maybe put a little too much emphasis on speed as I finished the first sub test all the way to the bottom! It's left me worrying how many I've missed. I could of done with a couple more days to prepare really, but I've got to work all weekend (Sunday deadline). Oh well, we'll see. Good luck.

Manda2194

I've just finished Mini SCAAT. I think that I've done ok, maybe put a little too much emphasis on speed as I finished the first sub test all the way to the bottom! It's left me worrying how many I've missed. I could of done with a couple more days to prepare really, but I've got to work all weekend (Sunday deadline). Oh well, we'll see. Good luck.

Ive got to do mine this evening. How many mini scaats are there in the test if you dont mind me asking?

doink

Hi All,
I have just completed the GTR 1 assessment fairly straight forward but I found the personality questionnaire quite tricky as some of the questions could go ether way.
How long did some of you have to wait to get a response after completing the GTR 1 assessment?
Good luck to those awaiting the Mini SCAAT results.

Fancythis

Hi All,
I have just completed the GTR 1 assessment fairly straight forward but I found the personality questionnaire quite tricky as some of the questions could go ether way.
How long did some of you have to wait to get a response after completing the GTR 1 assessment?
Good luck to those awaiting the Mini SCAAT results.
I waited 5 days for the invite to take the Mini SCAAT. Though that was inclusive of a weekend, so I reckon you could find out this week. Good luck!

Loonylefty

Completed the GTR-1 assessment last Friday and received the successfully passed email on Monday. Still waiting for the Mini SCAAT to come through

**edit**
I’ve just received my invite to the Mini SCAAT

Last edited:

Josho124

Does anybody know whether if you fail the miniscaat with gtr it prevents you from sitting the assessment centre with the OPC for another TOC within 6 months or is it just a tool for an initial sift?

Dave19801980

I just got the NO too......

....i’m as white as they come....and I already work for a TOC....and i’ve done all the psychometric tests before...

....they’re just whittling down the numbers and sometimes you miss the pass mark by one or two.

Best of luck to all those who get through....it’s a long process so stick with it and study hard

Mb1234

Dont agree with that accusation one bit, very big one indeed!

Also for those who got a reply for the SCAAT, positive or negative, when did you sit your tests? I sat mine on 25/04 and still not heard

Billybowers

Dont agree with that accusation one bit, very big one indeed!

Also for those who got a reply for the SCAAT, positive or negative, when did you sit your tests? I sat mine on 25/04 and still not heard

Sat mine the same time as you and I have not heard anything as well, I guess no news is good news

JLynch92

I competed GTR-1 questionnaire 2 weeks ago and completed the MiniScaat test this weekend, have not heard anything yet, has anyone else?

ratbag

I competed GTR-1 questionnaire 2 weeks ago and completed the MiniScaat test this weekend, have not heard anything yet, has anyone else?

I get the impression GTR are creating a large talent pool, as well as recruiting trainee drivers in the short term.

baz962

Established Member
Short version of a long story and to be fair , probably some manager's and not necessarily the company. I passed all psychometrics with them and didn't get past the dmi at age 47 . Now qualified by the way. Since then I was speaking to a driver of theirs , who asked why I didn't get the job. I said I didn't know , but when he found out my age and who interviewed me , told me it was because of my age. I even tried to argue against it and he was adamant , as he knew my interviewers very well.

Mb1234

Same literally got it now saying assessment centre next stage but cant do it right now because of covid19

bruebunny

Frustrating as I have only passed half the assessments, so will miss out on this opportunity, but it is what it is. Good luck to everyone in the mix still :)

Mohka89

Missed out on this opportunity after not performing too well with the Mini Scaat. Good experience though. Good luck to all.

Sleepycat

Hi all, so is the email saying that even if you passed the mini scaat, unless you have done the assessments and mmi in the last 5 years, your basically out of the running now?

Status
Not open for further replies.