• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New 185 desiros TPX lime street - picc anyone seen one on this part of the line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtradj

photos?

apparently lime street - scarborough would start early sept with the new trains

i am as yet too see one

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David

Established Member
I think the roll-out to that service has been delayed for what ever reason. (Man P - Liverpool not cleared for 185s?) Although they are running upto Newcastle and Middlesborough.

xtradj

had a feeling they would be delayed

lpool - scar was meant to start late august, followed by december blackpool - man airport trains

tpx really anger me, they have put the new trains first on servies between leeds and manchester, but left liverpool till last

why? when liverpool to manchester services are so busy, we need these new trains

i also question why its liverpool to scarborough, when most passengers from liverpool - manchester want to travel newcastle services and not scarborough, therefore having to change trains

the scarborough service should start from manchester, and manchester should pass the newcastle service back to liverpool

more passengers are likely to want to go to scarborough direct from manchester and beyond, rather than liverpool passengers who need a more than one a day direct service up to newcastle

remember passengers from liverpool have to travel and change at wigan if they want to travel north west to lancaster, the lakes, scotland etc...

xtradj

They're running to Lime Street already. I saw them on Saturday. I was quite supprised

hopefully the first of many

but i can still imagine seeing 1 or 2 158's running from liverpool until january

Mushroom

The 158's will inevitably be running for a little while longer whilst the services are integrated and new trains are delivered an cleared for use. it seem some services are running 185 - 158 alternatley.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
tpx really anger me,

Slightly changing the subject, I don't like TPX either. This is because of the big probability that a 175 between Bolton/Salford Cres & Manchester Picc is going to be heavily overcrowded.

175006 was really bad 2 Sundays ago, when I jumped on it from Salford C to Man Picc. That's because it was so overcrowded, meaning not all the people who wanted to, could get off at Deansgate. Not that it's miles to the next stop, but they wern't very happy about it.

The 158 Man

I live in Scarborough and I've seen quite a few 185s lately. Not sure where they've been going though. :cwm10:

Bring back my 158s! :love10:

metrocammel

They have been on Liverpool- Scarborough trains for a while now, at least since early September. There are still a couple of 158's on the Liverpools a day, but the majority is now "Beasty-Bog" operated.

theblackwatch

Established Member
There's also been a 185 on York-Scarborough services since July. The Liverpool-Scarborough diagrams started over the bank holiday at the end of August.

xtradj

Slightly changing the subject, I don't like TPX either. This is because of the big probability that a 175 between Bolton/Salford Cres & Manchester Picc is going to be heavily overcrowded.

175006 was really bad 2 Sundays ago, when I jumped on it from Salford C to Man Picc. That's because it was so overcrowded, meaning not all the people who wanted to, could get off at Deansgate. Not that it's miles to the next stop, but they wern't very happy about it.

nearly every train ive been on is overcrowded

either the companies need more coaches, or more trains

but they wont, cause they know we'll still pay, and they know passengers will stand..

the free up of 158's which i will miss... formerly my fav train since i was a kid, should ease congestion

Status
Not open for further replies.