• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New 2009 stock arrives at Victoria Line Station

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pumbaa

Established Member
I seem to remember reading that are using tweaked versions of the traction pack used on most Bombardier stock eg 357, 375, 376 and 377, to make them more suitable for metro style acceleration and braking.

Aussie_Rail

Interesting video. How often do they bring in new rolling stock? And which lines use the newest/oldest trains?

Its also really interesting to see just how short and narrow the trains are, what are the measurements of the trains and how many carriges do they run them in?

AR

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Interesting video. How often do they bring in new rolling stock? And which lines use the newest/oldest trains?

Its also really interesting to see just how short and narrow the trains are, what are the measurements of the trains and how many carriges do they run them in?

AR

They're only testing the new rolling stock at the moment. Each "tube" line uses just one variety of rolling stock- it makes operations easier. There's a lot on the various underground stock on wikipedia. The Victoria line (on which that's filmed) has the oldest tube stock, with the Metropolitan line (classed as a "sub-surface" line) the oldest stock currently on the Underground.

MCR247

Established Member
Although the 96ts on the Jubilee Line actually entered service before the 95ts. How confusing!!:???: But you couldnt tell when travelling on them the 96ts is in better condition

DavyCrocket

Although the 96ts on the Jubilee Line actually entered service before the 95ts. How confusing!!:???: But you couldnt tell when travelling on them the 96ts is in better condition

That's because the 95ts were procured under a cheap and nasty PFI, build and maintain contract.

Phoenix

Established Member
ah, thats sounds good, I do love those electro sounds though.
Looking forward to riding on one.

I wish they weren't either love the machine gun sound the compressor makes.
But they will be seriously missed but I at least god quite a few miles out of them.

mchkica

hi! where is it possible to obtain technical drawings of the new 2009 stock? I need it for my project and nobody seems to have it... except from the bombardier who ignores my letters... thanx

Established Member
hi! where is it possible to obtain technical drawings of the new 2009 stock? I need it for my project and nobody seems to have it... except from the bombardier who ignores my letters... thanx

Good luck getting the data i dont think they can relese it for safty and securiy reasons (in this MAD world where we are safty nuts!)

Time for one last bash on the 67 stock i think :) dispite the fact im not really a tube fan :lol:

Daniel

Established Member

Try a Freedom of Information act request to London Underground..?

mchkica

Good luck getting the data i dont think they can relese it for safty and securiy reasons (in this MAD world where we are safty nuts!)

Time for one last bash on the 67 stock i think :) dispite the fact im not really a tube fan :lol:

thanx! I already have drawings of current trains. I just can't see why new ones should be kept in secret since they are very similar to the old ones...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Try a Freedom of Information act request to London Underground..?

good idea! i just sent them an email, let's see what happens :)

pls god don't let them make me fill in the form again and wait for two months for reply again and at the end get nothing again, like u let their customer service act..

Daniel

Established Member
good idea! i just sent them an email, let's see what happens :)

pls god don't let them make me fill in the form again and wait for two months for reply again and at the end get nothing again, like u let their customer service act..

IIRC they have to reply within 14 days under the FOI act(?) so hopefully it will help.

subway156

Just wanted to add that I'd love to be on one of those. I saw early photos of mock-ups and they did seem narrow. My wife said that was always a problem with tube stock. Rather space challenged. Anyway, they look SLICK!

jopsuk

Veteran Member
They're actually quite wide, for the Tube- the Victoria line has the widest loading guage of all the Tube lines.

subway156

My wife said that when rush hour was happening, you'd be rather close to your co-commuters. I know it's that way in New Jersey and New York. It can be quite stifling from odors.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Oh yes- just becuase a train is wide, doesn't mean it's big enough. Only once traveled on a tube line at full rush hour- Jubilee line heading through Canary Wharf. I think I got on the second train that I tried to get on. There was no me-sized hole on the first one. Rammed against the door of the second. Serious crush loading. Cattle travel in more luxury.

subway156

Ah yes. Riding the RR uptown local on the old BMT division I was with my grandmother who was very prejudiced and very very vocal. We were stuffed into a 60 foot car on the old Brooklyn Manhattan line when we missed our stop because the train was so packed with rush hour, home bound people. My grandmother began to curse and swear in Czech because the riders wouldn't move! We had to get off 2 stations past our stop and return. She only sat in a seat for my benefit, when she normally would have stood. What a day! I discovered that I was claustrofobic.

fIIsion

As a driver on the Victoria line, i'm looking forward to the fact that I can now enter the cab via a side door than the existing m-door on the current 67 stock.
Changing over of drivers at Seven Sisters can be a real challenge at rush hour, esp when people refuse to budge out of the way.

subway156

From what I've seen 'round here, TO's bull their way through to their cabin doors. The only people interested in looking in there or being near there are railfans. Usually, no one else gives a s__t.:razz:

anthony263

Established Member
From what i have read on the district dave forum the first 09 stock is to enter service on 1st june 2009, so anyone in london might spot it if u are using the victoria line

A60K

Although: it won't be in passenger service; won't be out of depot until approx 2300 hrs; and the run may not happen anyway. This was all made clear in the thread referred to.

A60K

No date has yet been made public, but based on my past experience with stock introduction and information published I would guess late August or early September for the first passenger run. However, it will probably not be until Spring next year that you can guarantee finding at least one on the line at any time.

subway156

This reminds me of how PATH is doing it in New Jersey. There have been sightings of new rolling stock in use, but they are holding off until all the units have been tested until turning them loose in the system. The oldest ones still running from the mid 60's have a great fan window, with seat and all. The tunnels look like a warehouse basement with weird lighting.

Uranquinty

Although the trains will be running in traffic hours, they will not be carrying passengers just yet.

There is also a new Victoria Line timetable coming in soon ?26th? only a couple of minor tweaks +½min over Walthamstow crossover is the only real change.

mackenzie_blu

Although the trains will be running in traffic hours, they will not be carrying passengers just yet.

There is also a new Victoria Line timetable coming in soon ?26th? only a couple of minor tweaks +½min over Walthamstow crossover is the only real change.

Been speaking to my friend on the Victoria and they have 3 paths for 09TS in Passenger service. The first of these paths is booked for tonight tho Ive just found out they are booked for very late running. First one starts around 2300.

The new timetable that starts monday has 3 paths each night for the 09TS to be in service. Note that the one around 2300 is the earilest of the three. Bit of an overkill when only one 09TS is siutable for passengers (the first still has test equipment in it).

Status
Not open for further replies.