• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New 442 livery

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gricer

What do you think of the revised livery on the SWT Wessex Electrics as seen here on 2401?

In particular, note the way the swooshes meet much further back (they used to come right to the front), and what about that yellow door? Also the rest of the doors are now red right down to the bottom.

Safety regs on the doors needing to be a contrasting colour I suppose but personally I think they looked fine the way they were.

Frank

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gareth Hale

Its an o.k livery, not too sure about it personally. Just one question, a dumb one though, where are the lights on that train?

Julian G

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
Its an o.k livery, not too sure about it personally. Just one question, a dumb one though, where are the lights on that train?
in the cab ;)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Looks hardly any different to me! Still look like the spawn of an evil being, rather than the creation of the geniuses at Derby or something during the BR era...But maybe that's just me!

ChrisM

Don't mind the livery but not alot of difference,as for the 442s themselves i think they are crap and have never liked them and never will.

richa2002

Established Member
The Gricer said:
Safety regs on the doors needing to be a contrasting colour I suppose but personally I think they looked fine the way they were.

Frank
Minorites rule the majority as usual.

Coxster

Established Member
Especially the doors that were already red - they don't really need extending over the blue bit as they stood out enough IMHO. I understand something may've had to be done about the front door though.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
ChrisM said:
Don't mind the livery but not alot of difference,as for the 442s themselves i think they are crap and have never liked them and never will.

That's two of us against the world on that matter then...

The Gricer

ChrisM said:
What don't you like about them then Chris? I have always found their mkIIIs to be comfy and to give an excellent ride compared to most EMU stock, even the newer stuff.

Frank

ChrisM

The Gricer said:
What don't you like about them then Chris? I have always found their mkIIIs to be comfy and to give an excellent ride compared to most EMU stock, even the newer stuff.

Frank
Over the last 10 years i have travelled alot on them with my family and just don't find them comfortable enough.
Doors open too slow,no room for luggage or pushchairs,toilets too small,nobhead business people who think they own the buffet car area (until i bluejack them :rolleyes: ) plus when taking photos you can't always see the unit number. :mad:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Depends. It does and doesn't matter. Does if you're going through your photos, see the number on the unit and suddenly recall the haulage on it (did just that recently!). Doesn't if you just phot, not scoring off what you've seen, had haulage on...

Status
Not open for further replies.