• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New announcement at Marylebone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiescott1

Caught my usual train today from Marylebone and the automated message for the Birmingham train announced to change at Lemington Spa for services to Birmingham International, Coventry and Manchester piccadilly. This is a new one on me (even during wcml disruption)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Sounds like whoever's controlling the system was bored and had a "What does this button do?" moment.

NorthernUser

Sounds like they've used the 'change at' option on the system to specify up to 10 TIPLOCs/stations to announce as 'change at X for services to A, B, C, etc. I use it in case of cancellations, but agree they were likely bored. I've not yet found the option for 'change at Southampton Central for ferry and catamaran services to Cowes, Isle of Wight'- which I've heard on recordings, as it doesn't appear to be an option!

Status
Not open for further replies.