• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New applicant here

Status
Not open for further replies.

LR18

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I applied for a position with arriva trains Wales as a trainee driver :) :)

I am really excited and a bit nervous about what will happen next. I have been looking through the forums and there is some great info that will be very helpful.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post an intro thread.

LR

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RefLeaf92

I've applied for this role too :)

It's a job that I have always dreamed of. Really hope that it works out.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Does anyone happen to know how many roles are available for this recruitment? Surely can't be just one...

Kev.

I've got my name in the hat for this role aswell. Does anyone know of how many vacancies they have?
I've applied for this role too :)

It's a job that I have always dreamed of. Really hope that it works out.
Does anyone happen to know how many roles are available for this recruitment? Surely can't be just one...

From the advert,

"We have exciting opportunities for Trainee Train Drivers at our Cardiff Depot serving our Valley Line services"

So hopefully more than one!!!

Last edited:

LR18

Was your application just the personnel statement after you'd filled out the profile part on their website?
Mine was, no option to upload a cv or anything like that.

RefLeaf92

Yep same here. Just personal details, employment history, qualifications then the personal statement.
Mine was around a page and a half on the personal statement.

How about you guys?

Last edited:

LR18

I'm not sure how long my personal statement was. I done it on my phone while I had some down time at work.

What industries are you other applicants coming from? Do any of you already work in the rail industry?

Kev.

Yep same here. Just personal details, employment history, qualifications then the personal statement.
Mine was around a page and a half on the personal statement.

How about you guys?

Mine was about the same. But I'm sure it'll go on qualitity rather than quantity, only time will tell.

RefLeaf92

Yep I decided to keep my statement short but made sure it was well written. I'm not in the rail industry, so it would be completely new to me if I were lucky enough to get through the whole process.

I can imagine it's a gruelling process though.

LR18

Same here I don't have any first hand experience of the industry. I work in road haulage at the moment.

I was looking into some of the assessment tests, that bourdon test looks interesting lol.

RefLeaf92

I've downloaded the program for the group bourdon test and it seems straight forward enough. I'm OK with things that require concentration so its not much of an issue for me.

Kev.

I've done Stage 1 testing and also passed my DMI. I'm waiting for my other application to give me a date for my Stage 3 testing and MMI.

RefLeaf92

Arriva have pulled forward the closing date for the Trainee Train Driver vacancy to today (Thursday 28/04).

LR18

Still says May on the website?

RefLeaf92

It does on the main page but if you click on the vacancy it says at the bottom...

** Please note this position will now close on Thursday 28th April, so if you are interested we suggest you apply immediately.

LR18

Good job I applied when I did then. I was going to leave it until the weekend so I could do it on the pc at home.

I got held up at a delivery earlier in the week do decided to do it on my phone.

They have removed the advert now. They must of reached their maximum applicant threshold very quickly.

RefLeaf92

Yep the vacancy status says shortlisting. I wonder when we will know if we have been shortlisted or not.

I'd also like to have known how many applications they had as well as how many roles they have available.

ATW-156

Yep the vacancy status says shortlisting. I wonder when we will know if we have been shortlisted or not.

I'd also like to have known how many applications they had as well as how many roles they have available.

I have also applied, was difficult though as like others I was going to complete the application over the weekend. Got in from work this morning at 6:30am to find the application date brought forward to today so had to complete when very tired and not at my best, But fingers crossed from here on.

LR18

Fingers crossed for us all, since they have closed the advert hopefully we will know by early next week.

Kev.

Fingers crossed for us all, since they have closed the advert hopefully we will know by early next week.

From experience I'd be very surprised if we hear anything for atleast 2 or 3 weeks if not longer. So be patient guys and good luck to you all.

metalmickey

I applied for a train carriage cleaner with ATW and the closing date was over two months ago and they're still short listing, so it could be sometime before anyone hears anything. Fingers crossed for everyone that has applied for the trainee driver position.

RefLeaf92

Hoping it's not too long. In the initial advertisement they had plans for assessment to take place in Early June, with a view to training beginning in August.

I'm hoping that the schedule is brought forward seeing as the closing date was brought forward too.

LR18

How did the rest of you do? Have you checked your emails?

Myself and refleaf unfortunately weren't successful :(

Status
Not open for further replies.