• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Azuma services to Harrogate: is the timetable sufficiently robust to avoid knock-on delays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johntea

Established Member
I am very confused how this morning the 09:53 LNER from Leeds to Harrogate was delayed several minutes (as per usual to be honest!), then for some bonkers reason they let the 09:59 Northern service depart before letting the LNER depart literally a minute later, which will now surely just be crawling behind the Northern service all the way to Harrogate as I don’t think there is an opportunity to overtake anywhere?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

johntea

Established Member
Having said that we do appear to have somehow overtaken as nearly at Horsforth now before Northern have arrived at Burley Park!

theblackwatch

Established Member
Looking at RTT, it would appear the 09.59 was held at Whitehall Junction (presumably signal 3644) to allow you to go ahead - which was actually a sensible decision!

johntea

Established Member
LNER didn't fare well with getting to and from Harrogate today, snow, then flooding and sadly a fatality on the line just to top it off

The interesting part is I notice they advise passengers to just travel on Northern services to/from Leeds instead, do they have ticket acceptance in place with Northern if someone jumped on one with say a LNER advance ticket?

Wilts Wanderer

Established Member
What types of Azuma are operating north of Leeds on these services out of interest? I'd assumed it would be 5-car portion working with split/join at Leeds, as I can imagine how awkward it would be at Harrogate if a 9/10 car formation turns up! Memories of the (mercifully brief) IC225 drags to Harrogate in 1991.

Geoffh73

What types of Azuma are operating north of Leeds on these services out of interest? I'd assumed it would be 5-car portion working with split/join at Leeds, as I can imagine how awkward it would be at Harrogate if a 9/10 car formation turns up! Memories of the (mercifully brief) IC225 drags to Harrogate in 1991.
5 9 and 10 car formations all make an appearance, if it’s a 10 only the rear set is used. If it’s a 9 car any wheelchairs have to be in the rear as the front is not on the platform at Harrogate.

Status
Not open for further replies.