• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Brisbane Stock/Queensland Rail Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wigan,United Kingdon and Kingswood Nsw, Australia
Has the new Brisbane stock entered testing yet actually has it even arrived yet???

What lines will the stock be used on??

Is there any chance i'll get to ride one before 14th August?? hypothetically the date i leave for England?

Has the Two Tracking of the GC line started yet??

I can't wait to be back in Glorious Queensland for State of Origin :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ian959

I am no expert on Brisbane trains but from what I know:

a. trains have arrived and are arriving in Brisbane
b. testing has commenced
c. no idea which lines they will be used on
d. mid 2016 was to be the service introduction so you might be lucky
e. the Gold Coast line is double track all the way to the current terminus at Varsity Lakes

I'm 100% sure The Gold Coast line isn't fully double tracked especially around Robina?? as i remember a trip to watch the Titans vs the Warriors and i could have sworn there was a few sections of single track in the area??

Premier and Minister for the Arts
The Honourable Annastacia Palaszczuk

Deputy Premier, Minister for Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning and Minister for Trade and Investment
The Honourable Jackie Trad

Minister for Transport and the Commonwealth Games
The Honourable Stirling Hinchliffe

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Sod turned on $163 million rail project set to deliver 200 jobs

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk, Deputy Premier Jackie Trad and Minister for Transport Stirling Hinchliffe today turned the first sod on the Coomera to Helensvale rail duplication, marking the start of work on the $163 million project.

Ms Palaszczuk said the project would significantly improve train capacity and reliability on the Gold Coast line ahead of the 2018 Commonwealth Games and support more than 200 jobs during construction.

“This is an exciting milestone as we begin work to duplicate the only remaining section of single track on the Gold Coast rail line,” Ms Palaszczuk said.

“The project will provide a major boost for the construction industry, providing up to two years employment for more than 200 people working in trades such as engineering, electrical, steel fixing, concreting and carpentery.”

Ms Trad said the project was a vital infrastructure project for the Coast and would transform the region’s public transport network.

“This project is an investment in public transport for the rapidly expanding Gold Coast region,” Ms Trad said.

“This critical infrastructure project will deliver the capacity needed to double the number trains travelling to the Gold Coast in morning peak and back to Brisbane in afternoon peak.”

Mr Hinchliffe said work will involve duplicating 8.2 kilometres of rail track between Coomera and Helensvale stations and significantly improve public transport in the region by providing the opportunity to introduce extra peak hour services and additional capacity from Brisbane to the Gold Coast, ahead of the 2018 Commonwealth Games.

“The Palaszczuk Government is committed to investing in infrastructure in the Gold Coast region ahead of the Games - an event that will inject $2 billion into the Queensland economy and generate around 30,000 jobs,” Mr Hinchliffe said.

“This project will not only support the Gold Coast region to host one of the world’s largest sporting events, but will also cater for the region’s growing number of residents and visitors.

“The Gold Coast rail line is a key gateway from Brisbane to the Gold Coast region and records around 4.5 million passenger journeys per year, but is currently at capacity during peak times.”

Mr Hinchliffe said over the past month, Queensland Rail had been preparing the site for construction and holding information sessions with the community.

“Feedback on the project has been overwhelmingly positive, with Gold Coast train commuters welcoming an increase in train capacity on the Gold Coast line,” Mr Hinchliffe said.

“Over the next couple of months, construction teams will begin to lay foundations for the second track, which will include construction of eight new rail bridges totalling 1,400 metres in length, one of which will span 860m across the Coomera River, Hope Island Road and Saltwater Creek.”

The project is expected to be finished in late 2017.
Premier and Minister for the Arts
The Honourable Annastacia Palaszczuk

Deputy Premier, Minister for Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning and Minister for Trade and Investment
The Honourable Jackie Trad

Minister for Transport and the Commonwealth Games
The Honourable Stirling Hinchliffe

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Sod turned on $163 million rail project set to deliver 200 jobs

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk, Deputy Premier Jackie Trad and Minister for Transport Stirling Hinchliffe today turned the first sod on the Coomera to Helensvale rail duplication, marking the start of work on the $163 million project.

Ms Palaszczuk said the project would significantly improve train capacity and reliability on the Gold Coast line ahead of the 2018 Commonwealth Games and support more than 200 jobs during construction.

“This is an exciting milestone as we begin work to duplicate the only remaining section of single track on the Gold Coast rail line,” Ms Palaszczuk said.

“The project will provide a major boost for the construction industry, providing up to two years employment for more than 200 people working in trades such as engineering, electrical, steel fixing, concreting and carpentery.”

Ms Trad said the project was a vital infrastructure project for the Coast and would transform the region’s public transport network.

“This project is an investment in public transport for the rapidly expanding Gold Coast region,” Ms Trad said.

“This critical infrastructure project will deliver the capacity needed to double the number trains travelling to the Gold Coast in morning peak and back to Brisbane in afternoon peak.”

Mr Hinchliffe said work will involve duplicating 8.2 kilometres of rail track between Coomera and Helensvale stations and significantly improve public transport in the region by providing the opportunity to introduce extra peak hour services and additional capacity from Brisbane to the Gold Coast, ahead of the 2018 Commonwealth Games.

“The Palaszczuk Government is committed to investing in infrastructure in the Gold Coast region ahead of the Games - an event that will inject $2 billion into the Queensland economy and generate around 30,000 jobs,” Mr Hinchliffe said.

“This project will not only support the Gold Coast region to host one of the world’s largest sporting events, but will also cater for the region’s growing number of residents and visitors.

“The Gold Coast rail line is a key gateway from Brisbane to the Gold Coast region and records around 4.5 million passenger journeys per year, but is currently at capacity during peak times.”

Mr Hinchliffe said over the past month, Queensland Rail had been preparing the site for construction and holding information sessions with the community.

“Feedback on the project has been overwhelmingly positive, with Gold Coast train commuters welcoming an increase in train capacity on the Gold Coast line,” Mr Hinchliffe said.

“Over the next couple of months, construction teams will begin to lay foundations for the second track, which will include construction of eight new rail bridges totalling 1,400 metres in length, one of which will span 860m across the Coomera River, Hope Island Road and Saltwater Creek.”

The project is expected to be finished in late 2017.

ian959

Sorry, I forgot the section between Coomera and Helensvale was still awaiting duplication. I suppose I should ask my sister - she lives in Oxenford not far from the railway line...

Last edited:
Still single tracked sadly and no sign of the new trains in qld :(

I've gone down to NSW and the vandalism here is beyond a joke someone splattered two platforms and a stairwell in blood last night at one of my local stations. Also the Bondi Line is shut at Martin place due to the storm bringing down power lines between Kings cross and Bondi

Status
Not open for further replies.