• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New build projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wonder if a class 128 would be a viable project, using a class 117 DMBS underframe you have the expensive bits....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Richard Scott

Established Member
I don’t think personally that the 22 (or 63xx in old money) will ever get off the ground.
Thought the 22 project was progressing although I have no knowledge other than what I've read on internet? Sure they have an engine but possibly not much more?

geoffk

Established Member
The P2, Beachy Head, 3MT tank, Clan and Patriot were in the first group from memory.
And the G5? The group says steady progress has been made and they are now seeking donations towards the brake gear.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
I wonder if a class 128 would be a viable project, using a class 117 DMBS underframe you have the expensive bits....
Depends how you define "viable" I suppose... strictly speaking the only way to make a small fortune in rail preservation is to start out with a large one. The obvious issue with a 128 would be the lack of any seating capacity. If you have to haul your passenger stock behind it, you may as well just use a 25 or whichever small diesel your railway has.

Status
Not open for further replies.