• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New build stock list

Status
Not open for further replies.

pompeyfan

Established Member
Would it be possible for a list of all confirmed new build stock please? I can't be the only one that has lost track of the various DMUs/EMUs/MK5s/230s that have been confirmed. Perhaps in future it could be locked and stickyed and kept up to date my the admin/mod team?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Domh245

Established Member
Off the top of my head:

Class 68 (DRS) Vossloh - (to various TOCS including TPE, & Greater Anglia)
Class 88 (DRS) Vossloh

'Mk5' sleeper carriages (Caledonian Sleeper) CAF
Mk 5 carriages + DVT (TPE) CAF

Class 195 (Northern) CAF
Class 331 (Northern) CAF
Class 345 (Crossrail) Bombardier
Class 385 (Scotrail) Hitachi
Class 387 (Various) Bombardier
Class 700 (Thameslink) Siemens
Class 707 (SWT) Siemens
Class 710 (London Overground) Bombardier
Class 717 (Great Northern) Siemens
Class 800 (GWR/VTEC) Hitachi
Class 801 (GWR*/VTEC) Hitachi
Class 802 (GWR/Hull Trains/TPE) Hitachi

Class xxx (TPE) CAF
Class xxx (c2c) Unknown, but franchise commitment

*Originally due to be all electric, but recently switched to a bi modal train.

Last edited:

pemma

Veteran Member
I think the additional 387s are now all due to go to GWR, with a few sets initially being used by c2c until c2c get their new larger train fleet.

Domh245

Established Member
I think the additional 387s are now all due to go to GWR, with a few sets initially being used by c2c until c2c get their new larger train fleet.

Yes. 6 units to c2c, with the other 14 from the speculative order to GWR. Then there are the additional GWR units that have been ordered. The c2c units probably won't head to GWR after becoming surplus at c2c, but will instead join the 387/1s at Great Northern.

Established Member
I've been updating this as new orders etc. are announced, not sure how accurate it is but it's enough to give an idea of what's going on:

Attachments

• New Trains.xlsx
    14.4 KB · Views: 102

D365

Veteran Member
The c2c units probably won't head to GWR after becoming surplus at c2c, but will instead join the 387/1s at Great Northern.

Is there any evidence that this will be the case? And what would the six units be replacing?

Domh245

Established Member
Is there any evidence that this will be the case? And what would the six units be replacing?

There is no evidence as such, but it would strike me as the most sensible case. GWR will have 45 units according to the press releases, and they make no mention of having any additional units parachuted in at a later date. That leaves the 6 c2c units and the ex-Thameslink units as the only 387s without a confirmed home, so it's quite likely that they'll form one fleet. They wouldn't be replacing any existing stock as such, but would work alongside the ex-Thameslink 387s on services that aren't operated by 700s (or so I reckon)

D6975

Established Member
I've been updating this as new orders etc. are announced, not sure how accurate it is but it's enough to give an idea of what's going on:

Row 18 on the first sheet was correct, but isn't any more. The 21 9 car electrics for GWR are now going to be bi-modes. No news as yet as to whether they will be allocated a different no series.

pompeyfan

Established Member

That's great, thanks for your efforts, and thanks to everyone else who replied.

Harbornite

Established Member
Does anyone think it's worth adding a list of wagons that are on order?

Mordac

Established Member
There was a really good feature on this in April's Modern Railways, though of course some things have been announced since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.