• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New BVE review site found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eezypeazy

Gentlemen,

This site seems to me to be not just a review site.. it is hosting downloads of a very large number of UK routes - Tyne Valley, Derek's Barrow, Richard's network, and Maybank and Birmingham Cross City! I certainly wasn't asked for permission... and the site owner appears to have plans to host even more routes!

This is the first time this has happened to me..... the site sems to have acomments area... I've left a note pointing out the theft from me!

eezypeazy

eezypeazy

Dear all,

I visited this site last night (UK time!) at which point it had an area for visitors to leave comments, and downloads accessed by clicking on an icon at the foot of each review (the icon itself being a scene "stolen" from Edinburgh-Aberdeen). I left three messages in no uncertain terms that I believed this site to be hosting illegal downloads of Tyne Valley.

I have checked back this morning, and the comment area has disappeared, and ALL the download buttons appear to have been removed (from those UK routes I've checked, anyway!). The site STILL claims to have routes in preparation, including Aln Valley, among others.

Many thanks to Derek for spotting this one...

Kind regards to all

eezypeazy

Derek Kaye

I honestly believed that this was just a review site. I didn't stay long on the site, and I didn't translate it. I just searched the source code for the barrow-carlisle page for ".exe".

eezypeazy

Tyne Valley had been unpacked from it's .exe installer into a .zip file.... I started to download the "illegal" Barrow route (but abandoned it - I'm still on dial-up and didn't have the time!), but from memory, that was being offered as a .zip file as well....

Anyway, my protests seem to have done the trick.... one to watch, though....

Regards

eezypeazy

leezer3

All of the popular ones appear to have been taken offline (The old download pages & downloads are still accesible if you know the site's naming convention), but Tyne Valley & Richwell are still there.
Not sure if these will vanish within a few hours or what :?:

Chris Lees

www.bvecornwall.co.uk

The Snap

Established Member
Hi guys,
I have seen my route, and the others listed with screenshots and info, but can't find the downloads...? Can someone post a link to the page, and tell me where I can download it oplease. I'd like a few words with the site owner if he is hosting my route. <(
Thanks for the heads up eezy and Derek! :D :(

eezypeazy

As I said above, Richard, as far as I can see, the download links have been removed.....

If you do end up having a word with the site owner - I hope your Japanese is up to scratch!

eezypeazy

Jonno2055

Its a shame trainsimcentrals reached the download limit, I was going to donwload maybank, saw it on that site.

eezypeazy

And now, the site has disappeared.... wonder if (s)he has migrated to somewhere else...????

eezypeazy

Status
Not open for further replies.