• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Camera and New collection on Fotopic

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
hello all!

Ive finally got my new camera and I must say, I love it! its a very small Praktica Pentagon Mini, has 3.2 mega pix, 4X digi zoom and i bought a 128MB card to go with it, it does the job nicely, all be it costing £94 altogether!
So ive got my photos uploaded with my new camera with my first collection 'What a load of cobblers' Which was the day (15 July, Friday) when I went on the last 90 Cobbler to Northampton, thee VERY last one, the 1821. also includes pictures of other places I went to in the day such as London Bridge and St Pancras.

View them here at http://jamesleeunderwood.fotopic.net/
then the collection

PLEASE NOTE: all other collections have gone except 'station signs', you should now enjoy proper pictures :)

Please do enjoy!
James.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave A

VERY NICE :D I might get one of those. It seems to work great when the trains are moving :o :D

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
LOL chaz yes that was a 1288gaje style photo, but it was up for a laugh I thought I'll try and make a new 456 and say its southerns experimental unit, as the caption says, just a bit of humor for the collection :)

James.

T

Tom

Streamlined 456 :D

Actually, 1288gaje has a very good photo in the logo sequence!

Guinness

Established Member
Seth said:
http://jamesleeunderwood.fotopic.net/p17575841.html

That is a SUPERB shot. You couldn't have chosen a better angle.

I'll second that. Maybe you could enter it into the Top Left banner picture thingy..

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Thank you for you comments on that 90 :) much appretiated :)

I do think about my shots, I took about 5 of that 90 in that position from different angles, just picked out what I thought is best.
Id like it to go in the top right logo randomizer, if any of the staff would like it to

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I'd better ensure I get my best image up there...

I'd recommend having it up there, if for no reason than to have an OHLE-powered loco up there!

I never normally have to think much about my shots, I determine very quickly the angle and distance, point and click, perhaps with a touch of zoom if necessary. If it's moving, a 3 or 5-second countdown before clicking. Voila, I have a beasty pic!

In any case, expect a PM later TC.

Julian G

Established Member
the Cobblers finish on 22nd July 2005
which gives me a good chance of getting the DVT!! :) in auto-focus!!
because last time i did it in macro mode

thanks TC, that was taken in Harrow and the Cobbler

Status
Not open for further replies.