• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Camera - Crap Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunx2005

Went down to Bluebell Way to test out my new camera. Absoultley tipped it down whilst I was there so my camera isn't done justice by the pics.
Have a look anyway :angel2:

www.ah-trains.fotopic.net

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

chunx2005

Fujifilm S5600.
Smart thing
Want to give it a whirl in sunshine to see how good it really is!
:blob7: :razz:

eezypeazy

Ta.

I have a birthday with a '0' at the end coming up in January, and am toying with asking for a new camera...

eezypeazy

Julian G

Established Member
Fujifilm S5600.
Smart thing
Want to give it a whirl in sunshine to see how good it really is!
:blob7: :razz:

I wonder what that new game will be? :tongue3: So far you had the Tanks one and the Spaceship thing , I loved the Tanks! :notworth:

Jordy

Established Member
I wonder what that new game will be? :tongue3: So far you had the Tanks one and the Spaceship thing , I loved the Tanks! :notworth:

Eh?!

Photos look like they're good, but as you said the weather doesnt do it justice, we'll just have to wait and see!

Jordy

chunx2005

lol I didnt realise anyone played them, but for you I will do another one, wait and see. IM sure you will enjoy it. The spaceship thing annoyed me with the Music so i Took it off.:blob6: :blob6:

Dennis

Established Member
Just pointing it out! While I'm sure just leaving it on auto will give good results most of the time, there will be occasions when some degree of manual control will be desirable. Best way to learn...read the manual and try everything out.

T

Tom

The description says its on train 0M54... running from Bardon to Rugby...

chunx2005

Enjoy.
Tanks may well be back if theres enough demand:thumblef:
Can you get past level 10? :angry4:

ChrisM

Just pointing it out! While I'm sure just leaving it on auto will give good results most of the time, there will be occasions when some degree of manual control will be desirable. Best way to learn...read the manual and try everything out.
Very true.
I had the S5600 and found Auto set a low shutter speed.
RAW and Manual is the way to go and easy with total control.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Very true.
I had the S5600 and found Auto set a low shutter speed.
RAW and Manual is the way to go and easy with total control.

I also found Auto to produce slightly over-exposed photos. I use the P setting mostly now and mess bout with stuff like ISO etc

chunx2005

I also found Auto to produce slightly over-exposed photos. I use the P setting mostly now and mess bout with stuff like ISO etc

True.
It was my first time with the camera using on moving objects anway :thumblef:
Maybe after a moth or so ill findle round with the apparature and shutter settings.
btw how do you get it to RAW quality? :nike:

class 313

Established Member
is RAW better than JPG?

Im quite into the manual settings aswell to help with my night shots

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I tend to use the anti-blur setting on a lot of my railway photos

chunx2005

I tend to use the anti-blur setting on a lot of my railway photos

I thoight about doing that but it says in the manual that it is included in Auto, so does it make any difference from Auto to anit-blur? :sad1:
Do you take your photo's (the ones on your website) with the S5600, becasue they're awesome shots :toothy10:

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I thoight about doing that but it says in the manual that it is included in Auto, so does it make any difference from Auto to anit-blur? :sad1:
Do you take your photo's (the ones on your website) with the S5600, becasue they're awesome shots :toothy10:

All photos from June 2006 onwards are taken with my S5600. Thanks for the compliment :)

I think the anti-blur setting increases the shutter speed, not sure what other settings it changes. Im dont know enough yet about choosing my own settings

ChrisM

All photos from June 2006 onwards are taken with my S5600. Thanks for the compliment :)

I think the anti-blur setting increases the shutter speed, not sure what other settings it changes. Im dont know enough yet about choosing my own settings
Anti-blur increases the ISO which allows a faster shutter speed but above a certain level increase noise aswel.
Put it in A (aperture) mode and choose a shutter speed of about 250.
Increasing the ISO will allow you to choose a faster shutter speed and aperture but not to high or the noise will start to show although the S5600 is very good at high ISO's.

class 313

Established Member
I have the S5500 and i tried out the setting 'S' to get differnt shots at night. Works very well.

chunx2005

Thanks for the comments and help guys, as soon as half term comes around i'll be able to take some photo's and have a mess around with them :angel5: ;) :laughing:

eezypeazy

As a said in an earlier post, Chunx2005, I have a BIG birthday in January, and was going to ask for a new camera... the S5600 seems to offer most of what I'm looking for.... I'm looking forward to seeing your Half Term piccies to help me with my decision.... any chance you could put up something other than a train pic, just to help me?

Any other comments on this camera from other users would be much appreciated.

Cheers

eezypeazy

devon_metro

Established Member
I would get that camera, although i understand it is electric zoom, which is too slow, i can't imagine it retracting from 10x.

The S feature on my cam seems to blur the pics a bit, and sometimes completly over exposes them

chunx2005

I would get that camera, although i understand it is electric zoom, which is too slow, i can't imagine it retracting from 10x.

The S feature on my cam seems to blur the pics a bit, and sometimes completly over exposes them

Not really very slow...or not to me.

chunx2005

As a said in an earlier post, Chunx2005, I have a BIG birthday in January, and was going to ask for a new camera... the S5600 seems to offer most of what I'm looking for.... I'm looking forward to seeing your Half Term piccies to help me with my decision.... any chance you could put up something other than a train pic, just to help me?

Any other comments on this camera from other users would be much appreciated.

Cheers

eezypeazy

Eezy.
I have a ton of pics of my cat and numerous other random things a go snapping away at, including my sister :p :!: :p
if you have MSN send me a PM or something and ill show you a few, if not ill see about putting some on photo bucket or whatever it is I have an account on!

T

Tom

I recently got the S7000 and have found it reasonably easy to take photos with it - the interface is the same as the S5600...

ChrisM

S for shutter, means you shutter speed is to slow therefor blurring the image.
You need to up it to around 250 of a second to stop a moving train (depending on train speed)

Status
Not open for further replies.