• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac

Going to India in 4 weeks so need a camera, looking on line i've seen a Kodak AZ422 astro Zoom for £139 would this be okay for me or can anyone recommend something else but it must be simple.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Puffing Devil

Established Member
My advice would be to beg or borrow a decent camera if you only need it for that trip.

Kodak does not have a great reputation for digital cameras - Canon, Panasonic (Lumix) and Nikon are the better brands, though are variable at the lower prices.

Also - a compact camera may give you good shots and be easier to carry around.

Last edited:

trainmania100

Established Member
Canon and Nikon are probably best in my opinion
I don't do photos but when I do I use my phone. It's so hard to get a decent camera for affordable price
If you've got a decent phone why not use that?

Howardh

Established Member
I'm keen on my snaps and at that price range it really depends on whether you want good videos but lose picture quality; or ordinary videos but good pictures.

For less than £100 a good compromise is a Toshiba Camelio S10 or S20 which would now have to be bought second hand (Ebay), pocket-size (so great for travelling) HD and nice clear pictures. If it's just high quality photos you want then for that you should get a decent Panasonic or Canon. Google and look up the reviews. However these days I'm told many good phones have decent cameras, but I haven't seen one for £100 that can beat a camera, but my experience is pretty limited there. Have fun!

PeterC

Established Member
If you've got a decent phone why not use that?
A camera has a much better battery life and a spare memory cards and batteries are easier to find and to fit "in the field". If I was going trecking I would seriously consider going back to 35mm.

mac

Thank you for your replies my phone isn't the best for photos so will stick to a camera, you all recommend Canon so will have a look at buying one.

trainmania100

Established Member
A camera has a much better battery life and a spare memory cards and batteries are easier to find and to fit "in the field". If I was going trecking I would seriously consider going back to 35mm.
No idea what 35mm is all I know is that 1080p and 4K is good video
To be fair what battery lasts long these days
I always bring a power bank handy but know very little about cameras other than MP is good

Howardh

Established Member
No idea what 35mm is all I know is that 1080p and 4K is good video
To be fair what battery lasts long these days
Slightly OT - 720p gives a better picture than 1080i but not as good as 1080p.
Don't start.....;)

GB

Established Member
...but know very little about cameras other than MP is good
Not quite as easy as that. The type of sensor plays a significant part. For example a 12mp full frame sensor will have better noise and low light capabilities than a 16mp micro 4/3 sensor. You can also have the best sensor and highest MP but if you have poor lenses it will not be as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.