• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewmay

I am thinking of buying a new camera and was interested to know what cameras other people have and what they think of them. I currently have a Sony DSC-P52 which produces some very nice pictures for a 3.2mp point and shoot camera but it does blur badly under low lighting conditions and I need my new camera to be good at photographing trains under low lighting conditions and this is what is most important to me. I also want some more mp's and more manual options so I was thinking of a Sony DSC-W7 which has 7mp and 3x optical but I am also interested in Canon cameras around the same spec.

Please let me know what camera you have and whether it is good under low light conditions. All responses greatly appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

andrewmay

Thanks for your advice. After searching around I am quite interested in the Canon A620 which has about the same spec as the sony one I wanted but am wondering if this is any good at low light and fast moving subjects.

Where 58's still operate in commercial service...
but am wondering if this is any good at low light and fast moving subjects.

Here are the specs: I must say.... realy good ones....

# Lens aperture F/2.8-4.1 means good under bad light conditions.

# Shutter sped from 15 up to 1/200 seconds... So good for night shots, end fast moving objects.

# Lens aperture: 35-140... Try to stay around 50mm With that, including bad light conditions you cant miss it.

My advise.... BUY THIS CAMERA.

Sprog

Established Member
Fujis are good aswell..

Especially the higher Finepix's

S5600, S7000 etc.

Take a look at them aswell :)

Status
Not open for further replies.