• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Class 458 plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galvanize

South Eastern Trains, in partnership with Eurostar and SNCF railways have come up with a big plan. The plan is to run trains from London Victoria to Paris Nord as semi-fast services as opposed to the fast Eurostar services, being branded as Euro connect.

10 Class 458s are being refurbished with new Hitchachi traction motor packages, allowing 125mph top speed, removal of the end gangways to allow for a faster speed. New 2+2 seating in Standard Class, with 2+1 in First, is also included. In addition, the units will have a pantograph fitted on the PTSOL coach, for the AC overhead systems between Saltwood Junction and Paris Nord

This new service, running from London Victoria will call at: Bromley South, Otford, Bearstead, Ashford International, Calais Ville, Hazebrouck, Arras, Longeau and Paris Nord. Normal domestic passengers and tickets are allowed between London Victoria and Ashford International, also Calais Ville and Paris Nord. HMS Customs will do on-train security checks at a new station at Dollands Moor, in both directions partularly on the journeys to London, checking for illegal immagrants and luggage left unnatended.
Passport checks are also done at Calais ville and Ashford International.

3 trains will run per day, in each direction, one in the morning, afternoon and Evening.

More information will be released very soon.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It isn't April 1st yet ;)

Sounds awfully fishy though :lol:

T

Tom

458s were built by Alstom and are incompatible with Hitachi trains, it would be more cost-effective to build new units.

Coxster

Established Member
Either Josh is posting far to early or he is is very gullable (I bet it is the latter ;))

Sprog

Established Member
*sighs* oh dear....

if i wasnt on morphean right now - thus making me very, very drowsey - id rant.

bt i cba, so nighty night! ;)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Think you'll find it's spelt morphine. Something that would be very useful actually on certain bashes! 'Penzance General Hospital, how can I help?' 'I'm about to board a Voyager all the way to Dundee' 'Good God! Nurse, get 20cc of morphine down to Penzance railway station on the double!'

:lol:

TheSlash

Established Member
spm_43030 said:
*sighs* oh dear....

if i wasnt on morphean right now - thus making me very, very drowsey - id rant.
You read it here first people - Sprog so out of his face on drugs that he can't speak :D ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.