• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New conductor positions ATW next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorchio

Are ATW paid four weekly and if so does anyone know what date it was this month. Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tiptoptaff

Established Member
They are paid 4weekly however as it's been well over a year since I left I don't know which week they pay

Termy

Hello all,

I've applied for the position on the Cardiff Valleys line. I managed to get to the post-assessments interview stage for a Train Manager role with FGW a few years back, so I'm hoping that I can use my experiences from that process here. :) I've always wanted to work on the rails, and the conversations I've seen on this forum have only made me want to succeed even more!

LS.CYMRU

Hi all

Happy new year to you.

Just received an email to complete the online assessments

Says I’ll need flash player, does any one know if they work on Ipads?

Cheers

JetStream

Hi all

Happy new year to you.

Cheers

I don't believe so, but I would strongly recommend you use a computer, either your own, or at a library.

A friend of mine tried it on an iPad, and she had a lot of problems - and failed!

LS.CYMRU

I don't believe so, but I would strongly recommend you use a computer, either your own, or at a library.

A friend of mine tried it on an iPad, and she had a lot of problems - and failed!

I thought as much.
Thanks for the advice and quick response!

charlie1996

Hi all

Happy new year to you.

Cheers
Hi, is this for the ATW conductor positions? I haven't heard back yet

Sparrow

Which depot did you apply for? I applied at Shrewsbury so maybe they haven’t shifted yet.

Undiscovered

Shrewsbury here too. From last a experience, it was around 6weeks before I heard owt from them.
As you'll read many times over on here, it takes loads of time for every stage of the recruitment process... which means plenty of time to prepare.

Sheridan

The Cardiff vacancies closed a week before the rest. If you check the application status for the others it will probably say 'shortlisting'.

craigybagel

Established Member
Why not just tell him the pay dates, craigybagel obviously works for ATW? His response got the answer it deserved.

Because I was struggling to think of a legitimate reason why someone who's not an employee would need to have that particular info and I wanted to know before I released it into the public domain?

sw1ller

Established Member
Because I was struggling to think of a legitimate reason why someone who's not an employee would need to have that particular info and I wanted to know before I released it into the public domain?

I see your point, always best to air on the side of caution with some things. But I can’t see any security issue giving out a pay date that can easily be found out. If they asked for more specific details then I would be more cautious, like yourself.

scorchio

Struggling to see how posting a pay date could in anyway be misused? But thanks anyway and I was not trying to alienate anyone I just asked for a simple date and saw no reason why I had provide a detailed reason why.

I see your point, always best to air on the side of caution with some things. But I can’t see any security issue giving out a pay date that can easily be found out. If they asked for more specific details then I would be more cautious, like yourself.

Spikeylado

Hows everyone doing with the nail biting bit? Has anyone heard anything yet? Fingers crossed for you if your still waiting?

LS.CYMRU

Hows everyone doing with the nail biting bit? Has anyone heard anything yet? Fingers crossed for you if your still waiting?
I've just completed the mini SCAAT test
I've yet to receive the general ability test yest though, do you know if it gets sent after you do the first test?

Spikeylado

Hi, when I did mine they were both together but the recruitment process rarely stays the same from my experience? How did it go? Is this for the Valley lines?

LS.CYMRU

Hi, when I did mine they were both together but the recruitment process rarely stays the same from my experience? How did it go? Is this for the Valley lines?

Yeah I'll probably leave it a few hours and if I don't hear anything I'll ring up.
I think it went well, I tried to be quick but my main focus was on accuracy so we'll wait and see.
Yeah Cardiff valley lines, out of interest do you know where the actual depot is?

Sparrow

No news from the Shrewsbury intake yet.

Well done Cymru, let’s us know how you get on.

Spikeylado

I concentrated on accuracy when I did mine so good luck! As regards the depot I'm not sure I'm based at Crewe so not sure where they book on for Valleys? Sure someone on here will know though mate?

LS.CYMRU

That's good to know, thanks both.

And good luck to anyone else waiting on news!

Status
Not open for further replies.