• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New conductor positions ATW next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cymrulass

Hi Cymrulass

Thank you, sorry for the late response but I've been on nights then my sister got married Friday.

With regards to 19th March, did they tell it that was the date? The original email I had said 5th March

Kind regards

Lewis

Hey Lewis,

That was what they said to me when i questioned about the talent pool and dates etc they did say it wasn't set in stone as i had the 5th march in my email as well, but they said it will be within those dates.

I interviewed with the conductor manager and i think a train manager from what i can remember, so they may just be going off a rough idea.

They didn't give much else away, thats about all i got lol

Just want Wednesday to be here now tbh! Im in at 9am Wednesday morning so i guess i will see you then if your in that group :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LS.CYMRU

Hey Lewis,

That was what they said to me when i questioned about the talent pool and dates etc they did say it wasn't set in stone as i had the 5th march in my email as well, but they said it will be within those dates.

I interviewed with the conductor manager and i think a train manager from what i can remember, so they may just be going off a rough idea.

They didn't give much else away, thats about all i got lol

Just want Wednesday to be here now tbh! Im in at 9am Wednesday morning so i guess i will see you then if your in that group :)

Sounds like it will be nearer 19th then too me, I was thinking whoever gets it needs references and pre employment checks done and from past experience they can take ages.
I should have asked some questions in hindsight..

Yes, I'm also in Wednesday!
See you then, and good luck!

LS.CYMRU

Hi everyone

Got my assessment tomorrow morning so just cramming as much in as possible.

For the interview bit I'm focusing on lone working, team working, dealing with an emergency, the conductor role and a bit about the company.
I'll also be conscious of how I come across on the day too.

If I'm missing anything or any last minute advise would be amazing

Kind regards

Lewis

Sparrow

Good luck to those who have assessments this week.
I have just completed my mini SCAAT so am a bit behind you guys, but hope to get the opportunity to join you all at the assessment centre.

Do you best folks and good luck.

Lynette Hill

Hi everyone
I attended the assessment centre in Cardiff yesterday afternoon. There were 8 candidates on my session with varying experiences ranging from police officer to social worker. I found the interview process a bit intense and have absolutely no idea if I did well enough. Apparently, there is only one position available to join the next training course in March with the other positions being filled via the existing talent pool. Anyone else deemed suitable will be offered a place in the next talent pool ready for the next vacancies/ training course. They received over 1000 applicants for this vacancy so we all did extremely well to get this far!
Would love to hear what you thought of the assessment bit - and hopefully, some/all of us will be successful!
Lynette

Sparrow

Wow 1000 applications for one job. You have done great. I presume other areas will have vacancies but well done.

Does everyone get a chance to interview or do people get kicked out along the way?

Lynette Hill

Hi Sparrow
this intake was for Valley lines - trainee conductor.
Yes, lots of stages - 1. application, 2. on line tests, 3. telephone interview, 4. assessment centre and lastly medical.

I didn't realise these jobs were so popular. Some on my assessment had been applying for a few years!
Someone will get the golden ticket lol

Sparrow

Bit like Charlie and the chocolate factory!
Well done anyway just hope you at least get in the pool.
When will you hear by?

LS.CYMRU

Hi everyone
I attended the assessment centre in Cardiff yesterday afternoon. There were 8 candidates on my session with varying experiences ranging from police officer to social worker. I found the interview process a bit intense and have absolutely no idea if I did well enough. Apparently, there is only one position available to join the next training course in March with the other positions being filled via the existing talent pool. Anyone else deemed suitable will be offered a place in the next talent pool ready for the next vacancies/ training course. They received over 1000 applicants for this vacancy so we all did extremely well to get this far!
Would love to hear what you thought of the assessment bit - and hopefully, some/all of us will be successful!
Lynette
Hi Lynette. Had mine today at 9am. I wasn't expecting the SCAAT to be paper form and shapes instead of numbers but thankfully got through it. I found the interview bit okay. The panel were lovely and really put me at ease which was great. They said the same thing to us re: over 1000 applications, they were a bit more vague about the training course with me though. If any of us are lucky enough to get in the talent pool then we've done extremely well. Good luck to everyone!

Lynette Hill

Hi Lewis
Glad it went well for you...there's nothing more we can do now so fingers crossed. How many attended your session?

cymrulass

Hi all, i did the assessment with lewis today, not sure what you thought lewis but found the group exercise hard to judge! I guess you need to lead but not be overbearing which is a very thin line by all accounts in trying to be hears but not taking control! Aside from that I actually enjoyed the day and thought they really put you at ease and were generally really really lovely!

I was told they will take on one maximum two people to start in march, then will likely put anyone else they deem suitable into the talent pool for the next one which they said potentially would be around autumn time.

Tbh i thought the calibre of other candidates was really high and any one person in my group was easily good enough, so to have gotten this far i think in itself is an achievement....will juwt be gutting to fail at the final hurdle as such!

Anyways, good look lewis and Lynette, and to anyone else going through the process, lets keep our fingers crossed that we all get the news we so want to hear!

As soon as i hear some il update you all, and all that contributed and heloed with tips....a huge thanks because it really has helped make the process that much easier :)

Good luck and happy waiting everyone!

LS.CYMRU

Hi all, i did the assessment with lewis today, not sure what you thought lewis but found the group exercise hard to judge! I guess you need to lead but not be overbearing which is a very thin line by all accounts in trying to be hears but not taking control! Aside from that I actually enjoyed the day and thought they really put you at ease and were generally really really lovely!

I was told they will take on one maximum two people to start in march, then will likely put anyone else they deem suitable into the talent pool for the next one which they said potentially would be around autumn time.

Tbh i thought the calibre of other candidates was really high and any one person in my group was easily good enough, so to have gotten this far i think in itself is an achievement....will juwt be gutting to fail at the final hurdle as such!

Anyways, good look lewis and Lynette, and to anyone else going through the process, lets keep our fingers crossed that we all get the news we so want to hear!

As soon as i hear some il update you all, and all that contributed and heloed with tips....a huge thanks because it really has helped make the process that much easier :)

Good luck and happy waiting everyone!

Hi Cymrulass

Yeah it was a really relaxed day actually which was nice.
The group activity was good and as you say it's hard to find that balance, but I think we all did well.

I'll be over the moon to even get to talent pool.
Just a waiting game.

I'll keep you posted, good luck and fingers crossed.

If anyone needs advice from someone who's just gone through it then I'm sure we're all happy to help!

Spikeylado

Hi,
How`s everyone doing? Anyone heard anything yet? Well done to you all for getting this far i hope the news is good for you all!

Lynette Hill

Morning
I've heard nothing yet. They said they hoped to let us know by the end of the week, if they don't it will be a long weekend!

Sparrow

Good luck Guys,

Hope you hear today. Remember you have all done amazing

I’m waiting for SCAAT results so so further down the line but still keep checking the emails.

LS.CYMRU

Sorry to hear that sparrow, don't give up...

I've got a feeling we won't find out until Monday at least

LS.CYMRU

Hi everyone

Just received an email saying that I've basically made it into the talent pool
And will be kept on hold for up to 24 months

I know this is good news but I can't help but feel a bit deflated.
Anyone on here that's been in the talent pool have any words of wisdom?

Good luck to anyone else waiting to hear!

Lynette Hill

Hi Lewis
Well done ..I think lol
Same here..... I'm really in a dilemma as I am being made redundant 31.3.2018 and I've been interviewed for 2 positions and know I have passed one of them so waiting for a job offer. I dont want to take a permanent job and then let them down later in the year by leaving plus I dont want to not take something in case I dont make it out of 'the pool'.... aarrgghh decision decisions!

LS.CYMRU

Hi Lewis
Well done ..I think lol
Same here..... I'm really in a dilemma as I am being made redundant 31.3.2018 and I've been interviewed for 2 positions and know I have passed one of them so waiting for a job offer. I dont want to take a permanent job and then let them down later in the year by leaving plus I dont want to not take something in case I dont make it out of 'the pool'.... aarrgghh decision decisions!

Same to you! lol
Yeah it's a weird feeling, almost feelings like a no.

I've asked them if they have any more information regarding the process, so hopefully they can enlighten me.
I'll let you know if I hear back

LS.CYMRU

Same to you! lol
Yeah it's a weird feeling, almost feelings like a no.

I've asked them if they have any more information regarding the process, so hopefully they can enlighten me.
I'll let you know if I hear back

I've spoken to them and apparently I'm 6th in the Talent pool so I don't really know if that's good or bad.
I guess I'll have to be patient and keep everything crossed.

Lynette Hill

Ah right well that's worth knowing especially as I'm job hunting atm. Can I ask how you worded it so that maybe I can get an indication of where I am on.on the list?

LS.CYMRU

Ah right well that's worth knowing especially as I'm job hunting atm. Can I ask how you worded it so that maybe I can get an indication of where I am on.on the list?

Hi Lynette

I basically just asked for more info on the process going foward and weather I was in a queue behind others in the talent pool.

Lynette Hill

Hi Lynette

I basically just asked for more info on the process going foward and weather I was in a queue behind others in the talent pool.
Thanks Lewis , I've just emailed them as knowing where i am on the list will help enormously on my decision to take up.any job offer...... I wonder who the lucky person was??

Status
Not open for further replies.