• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Cross Gate - Dorking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jturner98

Hello all,

Im looking at travelling from New Cross Gate tomorrow to Dorking. I’ve just moved to Dorking and will be getting the train from NXG back to Dorking between 14:45-15:15. I’ve checked the journey on thetrainline and it seems a bit long. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
Hello all,

Im looking at travelling from New Cross Gate tomorrow to Dorking. I’ve just moved to Dorking and will be getting the train from NXG back to Dorking between 14:45-15:15. I’ve checked the journey on thetrainline and it seems a bit long. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

It’s one of those journeys that is all on slow trains and requires at least two changes. There’s no getting around it.

Veteran Member
Hello all,

Thanks
Sorry, 75-80 minutes seems par for the course. NXG no longer has any fast trains towards Croydon, so essentially you have a series of stopping trains. The Covid reduced timetable can't help.
You might be able to do the trip slightly faster from New Cross via Waterloo but that is more expensive, or from Queen's Road via Tulse Hill and Wimbledon.

RJ

Established Member
There’s also the option of changing at Clapham Junction and making your way to/from Queens Road Peckham.

Status
Not open for further replies.