• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Cross-London Bridge-Waterloo-Vauxhall during London Bridge works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Presently, due to London Bridge works, oyster PAYG fares from relevant Southeastern and Southern stations to Charing Cross, Blackfriars, Elephant and Castle, Embankment and Waterloo, changing from NR to LU at London Bridge or Cannon Street, do not incur the NR+LU interchange penalty.

I'm not sure if this is done through specific point-to-point easements, by defining certain sections of the tube network as green routes, or some other means.

The particular case I'm thinking about is a trip from New Cross to Vauxhall, changing at either London Bridge or Cannon Street and Bank for the tube to Waterloo, then by SWT to Vauxhall. Will this trip incur an NR to tube interchange penalty, or will it be exempted because it uses a permissible section of the tube network?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

w/r/t travel via Bank, I've found that works in practice when I've checked the fares I've been charged to travel to Waterloo that way.

What's entirely unclear is the situation for travel *via* Waterloo on PAYG.

Last edited:

Romilly

Established Member
The whole point of the ticket acceptance rules is that you should not end up paying more, even if using Oyster/contactless PAYG, than you would if you had done the whole journey on National Rail. However, I have only ever tested the rules on journeys into Cannon Street on National Rail and then by tube to Embankment.

Interestingly, Southeastern recommend the following route: New Cross-Lewisham-Waterloo East-Waterloo-Vauxhall all on National Rail.

Status
Not open for further replies.