• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

bezzer

Just been taken on as a new driver. Can anyone tell me what the salary is on Greater Anglia when you have qualified? And how long does the training last for?

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave A

I of presume they'd have told you this when you had your interview, got "taken on" & it should all be in the contract?!

bezzer

Thanks for your reply.

The salary for the training post is included in the contract. But no indication that when you have qualified the salry goes up or what it is.

Dave A

I think you'd be better off getting in touch with GA's HR mate, as they'll have the most accurate information. Anything posted here won't beat that!

Congratulations btw! :)

Pacerpilot

A mate of mine is just nearing completion of training with them, he says 1st year probation is circa £30k, £40k once probation completed.

lauraGeeGee

Trying to get info out of them on what your salary will be, eventually, is like pulling teeth!!

Lets just say that the depot driver salary is what you will be on once qualified. But you will get Sundays and rest day working on top.

Once you become mainline competent but still a depot driver. You get enhanced rate for the mainline bits you do. I never did that as I spent 10 months as a depot driver. Once I qualified mainline, I went straight in the mainline link. Very fortunate.

You get a virtual 11 grand pay rise overnight, once you go into a mainline link. Do about a year, 200 driving turns, and it's another 4 grand up.

See if you can work it out, roughly!

I take it you are on the east side rather than WA?

WA don't have depot drivers.

lauraGeeGee

Tbh its not hard, or like pulling teeth its called google or the alsef website
£39,609.00
£39,609.00
£38,129.00
£36,971.00

http://www.aslef.org.uk/information/102222/102225/102388/greater_anglia/

Additions:

Year 2 (Anniversary date 1st April 2012) February 2012 RPI + 0.5 OR 3.5 whichever is greater

Attendance allowance £936 pa

I want to say something else here but ill get in troublE!

What I meant was, HR give you different information. They couldn't really answer me.

Those figures are not correct which seems strange as its the aslef site!

Cherry_Picker

Established Member
Aslef company information is often out of date with regards to salaries. Its been like that for as long as they have had the website.

DD

Does anyone know what time the HR Department office hours are? I need to contact them.

Thanks

mindthedoors

Trying to get info out of them on what your salary will be, eventually, is like pulling teeth!!

Lets just say that the depot driver salary is what you will be on once qualified. But you will get Sundays and rest day working on top.

Once you become mainline competent but still a depot driver. You get enhanced rate for the mainline bits you do. I never did that as I spent 10 months as a depot driver. Once I qualified mainline, I went straight in the mainline link. Very fortunate.

You get a virtual 11 grand pay rise overnight, once you go into a mainline link. Do about a year, 200 driving turns, and it's another 4 grand up.

See if you can work it out, roughly!

I take it you are on the east side rather than WA?

WA don't have depot drivers.

Hey, I'm actually keen to get a more accurate figure for pay once qualified. Trainee Depot Driver pay is only £23,365. Does this stay the same once qualified? More importantly, I'd like to know more about how I can get myself on to mainline quicker. I asked this in my managers interview and the guys told me it is prioritised in a certain way, but I didn't ask in anymore detail.

Thanks

reapz

Hey, I'm actually keen to get a more accurate figure for pay once qualified. Trainee Depot Driver pay is only £23,365. Does this stay the same once qualified? More importantly, I'd like to know more about how I can get myself on to mainline quicker. I asked this in my managers interview and the guys told me it is prioritised in a certain way, but I didn't ask in anymore detail.

Thanks

There will be a list and a new driver will be at the bottom , if u have any spads or incidents u wont go mainline

mindthedoors

Oh right, pretty simple then. I don't know why the managers weren't as clear on that. They almost gave me the impression it was to do with level of competence.

Thanks mate.

slick

Current west anglia pay rates as of 02 april 2012 per anum
Trainee £25,402
Trainee driver with experience £34,544
Probationary driver (1st year) £30,482
Driver £40,642

This does not include location allowance or rostered sundays.
Location allowance for chingord is currently £2,531.

Status
Not open for further replies.