• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New easyBus service between Heathrow and Shepherd's Bush

Status
Not open for further replies.

WelshBluebird

Established Member
but Easy Hotels seem to be still going.

And offering amazing value. Stayed a night in Earls Court for £30 the other week, booking at just 2 days notice. Yeah sure the room was tiny, but for one night what else do you really need? It was clean, the receptionist was friendly and it was at least half the price of other hotel rooms I looked at for that night.
The thing with the whole Easy brand is it very much seems like a chuck a lot of mud at the wall and see what sticks. Some of what they do is very good, and some seems to fall flat on its face.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Never knew that - just imagine what would have happened if they had partnered up. It would be easy to see an Easybus branded Stagecoach operated coach service really taking on National Express and being a massive player in the transport market.

Indeed, though Souter seems to have achieved that on his own.

radamfi

Established Member
People with long memories will remember a lot of hype about a London to Birmingham easyBus service with minibuses, at least a year before megabus started. I think it is clear from the interview that Souter effectively warned Stelios from competing with him, so that never happened.

The original easyBus services went to places with an "easy" connection, such as Milton Keynes which had the easyCinema and Luton, the home of easyJet. Presumably they found their niche with airports. Running to airports avoids competing with megabus. It must be working given that they are now running services to Paris CDG and Geneva airports.

They originally contracted out their minibus routes but now run them themselves.

I do use them to/from Gatwick to avoid peak train fares from Three Bridges.

Status
Not open for further replies.