• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New First Great Western 150/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harold

Hi all,
Re-skinning for MSTS has appeared to be a habbit.

I am currently working on a new First Great Western liveried class 150/2. This was an inspiration as to what the livery on the 150's will actually be like.

Anyway, coming soon to MSTS.
newfgw_150_2_preview.jpg

Enjoy!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

The liveries on the 150s will be a series of destination names that the units go to in various different colours!

Coxster

Established Member
Like I told you yesterday the crew doors would very unlikely be DDA compliant. The only company that has done that is Arriva on their 'Sprinters'. I know you have based it on the Trainz model but you can't go by that as there is no prototype unit in the 'neon' livery.

Harold

Shame that, as I think the design I used, really suited them.
Well, for those who like it and are looking forward to it, consider this ad-on to be a fictional FGW livery 150.

Coxster

Established Member
Painting non-passenger doors defeats the point in the DDA door compliance guideline.

Dennis

Established Member
That reskin looks good; wish that was the livery the 150's were going to be turned out in.

I was sat in the pub beer garden at Cockwood a couple of weeks back and the norm family at the table next to me commented on how awful the current 150 livery is!

BTW, isn't 150208 an Arriva unit?

The Snap

Established Member
I like the livery, I think it would suit a 150/2. Nicely done Harold! :)

BTW, just looking at your Barrow Hill pics on your photo site - that Deltic (http://harold-baileys-rail-pix.fotopic.net/p31458564.html) in the shed is 55022, which belongs to the ELR. Barrow Hill have been overhauling it for us, and started up both engines this week for the first time! You may want to put the number in the caption...;)

devon_metro

Established Member
The neon livery is unlikely to appear on HSTs can't remeber why. On the DMUs it will be advertising livery as Tom said but with names.

Harold

Rich said:
I like the livery, I think it would suit a 150/2. Nicely done Harold! :)

BTW, just looking at your Barrow Hill pics on your photo site - that Deltic (http://harold-baileys-rail-pix.fotopic.net/p31458564.html) in the shed is 55022, which belongs to the ELR. Barrow Hill have been overhauling it for us, and started up both engines this week for the first time! You may want to put the number in the caption...;)

Cheers Rich, editing the caption now, glad you like the skin.
[EDIT]
Dennis said:
That reskin looks good; wish that was the livery the 150's were going to be turned out in.

BTW, isn't 150208 an Arriva unit?

This unit also appeared in Scotrail livery. My re-skin for this unit was a re-skin from Scotrail 150208 (provided with the Scottish Central CD)

Coxster

Established Member
Harold said:
This unit also appeared in Scotrail livery. My re-skin for this unit was a re-skin from Scotrail 150208 (provided with the Scottish Central CD)
It can be downloaded from UKTS too. Why not change the number?

Rich said:
55022 which belongs to the ELR.
It doesn't belong to the East Lancashire Railway - it is privately owned by Martin Walker. Just because a loco is based somewhere it doesn't make it the railway's. http://www.royalscotsgrey.com

The Snap

Established Member
Coxster said:
It doesn't belong to the East Lancashire Railway - it is privately owned by Martin Walker. Just because a loco is based somewhere it doesn't make it the railway's. http://www.royalscotsgrey.com

Yes, my mistake. It will be housed at the ELR, but is privatly owned. ;)

AlexS

Established Member
Coxster said:
Like I told you yesterday the crew doors would very unlikely be DDA compliant. The only company that has done that is Arriva on their 'Sprinters'. I know you have based it on the Trainz model but you can't go by that as there is no prototype unit in the 'neon' livery.

Actually, following the Ufton Nervet crash, all entrances and exits, crew or whatever, must be painted contrasting colours, to aid the emergency services in locating them to gain access to the vehicle.

Harold

Coxster said:
So you are leaving the DDA compliant crew door...?

Yeap, looks stupid without it. Remember, this is now considered as "fictional FGW" due to the issue of "DDA complaint."

Coxster

Established Member
Harold said:
Yeap, looks stupid without it. Remember, this is now considered as "fictional FGW" due to the issue of "DDA complaint."
That train is not totally fictional as it could technically happen. The doors for sure are DDA compliant. I bet you anything that FGW will not make their crew doors DDA compliant on their finalised 150 livery as it defeats the point in DDA compliant doors.

Met Driver

Established Member
Coxster said:
I bet you anything that FGW will not make their crew doors DDA compliant on their finalised 150 livery as it defeats the point in DDA compliant doors.

Wessex did when they operated the units, so chances are FGW will as well -

http://seth.railuk.org/displayimage.php?album=12&pos=0

Those doors are used by passengers as well as crew when the units are paired up, and have the same passenger door controls as all the other doors to reflect that. I think Harold's decision to keep the "crew" door colours the same is spot on!

Coxster

Established Member
Wooops...

I won't even attempt to argue my way out of this one ;)

Dennis

Established Member
The end doors on the Wessex 150's have the words 'private' or 'staff access only on them (doesn't stop them being used though).

The CT refurbs (150009 at least) do not have the end door in a contrasting colour.

Liam said:
The neon livery is unlikely to appear on HSTs can't remeber why. On the DMUs it will be advertising livery as Tom said but with names.

The "Dynamic Lines" livery will appear on the HST's however it will be a revised version. The FGW "local" services will recieve the "Dynamic Names"

Dennis

Established Member
drifting OT - but never mind dynamic lines or dynamic names, FGW should perhaps concentrate on dynamic trains!

Back OT - there is something here for BVE rolling stock object creators to take note of...look at those lovely wheels, they've go a bit of width to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.