• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New forum status icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'm pleased to announce that, following feedback from our valued customers, we are today launching new icons that display the status of a forum (ie. whether it contains any unread posts or not).

Many of you have gotten in touch about the semaphore signals used, saying that they aren't exactly representative of the modern railway, and that they should be replaced with something a bit more modern.

Following a long and drawn out process carried out by "experts," I'm pleased to say that the forum resignalling project has finally been completed and the old semaphore signals are being upgraded to TVM-430 signalling as used on many high speed lines throughout Europe.

As this is a more advanced type of signalling, customers will now require a special device to check whether their forum has new posts or not. Customers equipped with the appropriate device will be able to see, at an instant, if the forum they wish to view contains any unread posts. I am sure you will all agree that this is a much better method of browsing the forum.

Unlike the old semaphore signals with no safety protection, the new signalling allows you to avoid the feeling of anger and despair when you accidentally click on the thread you have already read stating that Voyagers are better than HSTs, or the fifth thread posted so far this month asking what those white sliders are on the side of the platform.

Screen Shot 2016-04-01 at 06.56.03.png

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crossover

Established Member
Ha - I didn't think anything about it and just thought the forum had thrown a wobbly!

daveo

What are those white slidy things on the sides of platforms? I've often wondered.

edwin_m

Veteran Member
Will the 442s be fitted with white slidy things, to make the noise louder when railfans are on board?

krus_aragon

Established Member
What are those white slidy things on the sides of platforms? I've often wondered.

They are datum plates. Tracks can move gradually during use and maintenance, and the information on the plate shows how far from it the tracks should be when replaced or renewed. For more info, see the fine RainSigns website.

Status
Not open for further replies.