• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New GBRf Metronet class 66s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I'd wager a guess on yes to that.

They're due off to Willesden anytime after midnight apparently, so expect them there by sometime tomorrow morning or later.

Nice shots they are mind, I'd have loved to see them come through Newport.

What are they doing on the LUL network anyway, and where on it? Would be an interesting thing to go and see next time I bash London.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
bah why couldn't the guy loading them off the ship dropped them out the other side? Nice looking liveries mind, if they were due to leave Newport any time in the day I'd go get some photos.

T

Tom

From what I've heard they will be working on the SSL network mainly on the Met, Picc and District lines outdoors. BUT as they are 66/7 and I thought 66/9 was low emission... brings another thing into it altogether

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Are they likely to go under their own power to Willesden?

Anyone who gets chance to phot them, please do so, I'd love to see the convoy.

southy39

been reported they are going under their own power.
also given that they were supposed to be elivered last november originally and with 47840 OOS GBRf may be a bitt short of suibtable stock to drag them

hexflyer

slough, also in the cab between LHR an PAD
All are 'low emmision' type as 66/9 but numbered under the 66/7 to keep them numerically uniform for GBRf.

GBRf do have 'other' loco's other than 47840, cue loads of speculation as to when they will move and whether its under their own power or dragged

southy39

hexflyer said:
All are 'low emmision' type as 66/9 but numbered under the 66/7 to keep them numerically uniform for GBRf.

GBRf do have 'other' loco's other than 47840, cue loads of speculation as to when they will move and whether its under their own power or dragged

its already been reported that movement is under their own power.
and reported as from midnight tonight till some point on wednesday

also my point regarding 47840 is that GBRf are a bit short of stock thats why they have 2x count them.. 1, 2... EWS class 66's on hire dure to LATE DELIVERY of these 5 loco's
ok my point was only that given work requirements for GBRf atm they would be short of traction to haul them to willesden...

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I've heard of a member's dream of a DRS 37/6 hauling a C-stock in passenger service along the network before. Which is a very fun idea, if only...'Is our train coming?' 37 roars up the incline into the platform 'By the sound of that, I'd say yes!'

Sprog

Established Member
Move happend today!

Ran as 0M06 Newport Dks-Willesden TNC.

Was about 2 hours late, but instead of 2 sheds, the move took all 5!!

66718, 66719, 66720, 66721, 66722 all in one go! about...what...5 million worth of locos!? 8-)

Sprog with the shot! :D

Got'um passing Bristol Parkway at 15.16! They looked very nice indeed!

66718719720721722bpw4zy.jpg

:D :D

Went to the Naming of 43003 'IKB' at Bristol Temple Meads, then went back to Parkway thanks to St. B's live 'gen' :lol: ;)

We arrived at Parkway with time to spare (the 66s where still in Severn Tunnel) so we walked up to a lineside loaction just after Parkway, and 5minutes later, 66515 gunned through with a long rake of NR ballast wagons, followed closley by the 5 shiny bluebird yingers! :P

Again, thanks to SB for the info!

Sam

Here is mine. You must have been in the same place as me sprog;)
ygle3r.jpg

Tom B

Established Member
Saw several of those at Peterborough today whilst going down on the ECML - unfortunately couldn't get a photo though.

T

Tom

There is one at Willesden Depot, can be seen on a Bakerloo Line or Silverlink Metro train going northbound.

Guinness

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
There is one at Willesden Depot, can be seen on a Bakerloo Line or Silverlink Metro train going northbound.
Anything wrong with Southbound?

BTW You have a ton of PMs ;)

Nice shot as always Sprog :)

Reminds me when I was on Avonmouth Port picking up goods in my Dad's truck on Thursday when 66179 pulls up on coal duties blocking off the level crossing for 10 minutes! Shame I had no camera :)

andel

does anyone know if they registered one ... 'cos they were showing as stored yesterday when i looked on trust...

Status
Not open for further replies.