• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New GWR Trainee Driver Positions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will soon be in a position to be able to invite those who are eligible for the second part of the Trainee Driver assessment, to complete our Talent Pool for Trainee Driver Reading.

If you have already completed this Multi Modal interview part of the assessment with another TOC we will check this before inviting you. If you have passed it then we will invite you for selection interview with the Driver Managers of Reading Depot.

We will contact you when we have dates available.

Please do not reply to this email as we have no further information at this time.

I've already done my stage 1 assessments so I'm guessing that people in the same position as me would have received that email.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

beany

Hope things start moving now guys.
Having sat my medical and after a couple of nerve wracking weeks I've now got a formal offer ! Huge relief and it is still sinking in :)
Great feeling giving in my notice.
Thanks to GWR for starting the next chapter in my life.
Keep the faith boys and girls,try and stay positive.

beany

Thanks guys.and genuinely hope you get to your chosen depots soon.
With AL I've accrued this year,I may only have a couple of weeks left where I work at moment.Will speak to boss tommorow.
So may get a couple of weeks break before the start.

Been given the heads up about the study though.
Got some hard work ahead.
All the Best,Beany.

Timo

Hi all, this is my first post as my research begins.

I have plenty of questions but I can already tell this forum has a vast array of information so I'll spend a while reading up before posting.

What I've gathered from this thread has really surprised me - positions were advertised and over a year later some successful candidates have still not started their employment.

I wonder if all TOCs adopt the same recruitment approach - it seems like they're not recruiting for specific roles but instead they're recruiting to keep a population of people on a bench, just in case they're needed at some point in the future.

Congratulations to everyone who has had a positive experience during the process, and to those that haven't, it seems that patience and perseverance are the order of the day! Good luck to all.

What I've gathered from this thread has really surprised me - positions were advertised and over a year later some successful candidates have still not started their employment.

I wonder if all TOCs adopt the same recruitment approach - it seems like they're not recruiting for specific roles but instead they're recruiting to keep a population of people on a bench, just in case they're needed at some point in the future.

Unfortunately that is exactly what happens. The application process can take a very long time e.g. I applied in April 2016 for Reading depot, had a telephone interview in May 2016, stage 1 assessments in November 2016 and I'm still on hold for stage 2 :lol: Should I pass stage 2 I'll also have the DMI and medical to go. Then I would be placed in a talent pool which some people have been waiting for over 2 years and some as little as a few months. It's a long slog but if you want it enough, never give up hope and one day you'll get there :lol:

Last edited:
Hi all, just wondered ifanybody had heard anything lately?

Not long after my last post I got invited to an MMI which I had on 17th May. When I got there they said I would be doing the DMI the same day if I passed the MMI! That was a shock lol but I think it worked in my favour as I was feeling confident after the MMI. I passed both and I've had my medical and signed the contracts and my start date is 3rd of July.

Ewie13

Not long after my last post I got invited to an MMI which I had on 17th May. When I got there they said I would be doing the DMI the same day if I passed the MMI! That was a shock lol but I think it worked in my favour as I was feeling confident after the MMI. I passed both and I've had my medical and signed the contracts and my start date is 3rd of July.

Congratulations General, thats great news.... at least the wheels are still turning, hopefully I'll get a call soon.

Congratulations General, thats great news.... at least the wheels are still turning, hopefully I'll get a call soon.

Thanks :) that was for Reading. They said there were courses running in July and October, but they are both full. I don't know what is happening after that or with any other depot. Fingers crossed though because it can just go from 0-100 in a couple of days like what happend to me!

Kev.

Massive congrats General and welcome aboard mate. I'm currently just over 3 months into my training and absolutely loving every minute. It's an amazing job and I still have to keep pinching myself to check I'm not dreaming. Everyone within the company is fantastic, best company I've ever worked for.

It's tough going at times with all the information you have to take in and retain, but i would'nt expect anything else.

Zahari13

Evening all.
I had my DMI with 2 managers in April. Today I finally got an email saying good news. And that I'm invited to another interview?! Is there supposed to be another interview after the DMI? And if so what do I expect to be questioned?

Unless you haven't already had your MMI that would be the next stage. Usually GWR do the MMI before the DMI although it's not unheard of for them to do it the other way around. If you've already done both the MMI and DMI then I don't know what it would be.

Zahari13

Yeah I've had my MMI back in January at Swindon. Then did my DMI with 2 driver managers at Paddington. But now it says I have an interview again at Paddington. So many interviews.

donpoku

Yeah I've had my MMI back in January at Swindon. Then did my DMI with 2 driver managers at Paddington. But now it says I have an interview again at Paddington. So many interviews.
You can phone them for clarification.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.