• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Heathrow Express uniform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnm

Established Member
wsp_po@46069_hexrelaunch-thumb-450x215-177453.jpg

Awful!

London Evening Standard article:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/...m-should-be-shunted-into-sidings-7562284.html

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Chris M

It looks like the uniform from a sitcom parodying a no-frills airline!

As a premium service I'd have thought that HEx would want to go for a classy look, and other than (possibly) a chavesque tracksuit I can't think of anything less classy that this (and I'm a complete slob, so I know all about unflattering).
The great coats aren't too bad (relatively speaking, if you squint) but the rest of them look like they've been run over by a line painting lorry.

Class377/5

Established Member
I like the fact that the new internal of the trains is based on purple.....

BestWestern

Established Member
I guess nobody told the designers that on the railway Hi-Viz clothing is supposed to be orange not yellow... :D

I think that's the first uniform I've seen yet that is actually as bad as the Connex 'circus ringleader' efforts of years ago.

Yew

Established Member
Its nice to see people trying new things, I mean it could have looked good. Unfortunately it doesnt :(

They should take ideas from this guy from the south devon railway

=
south_devon_railway.jpg

district

<sarcasm>I think it's absolutely fabulous. Work it girls, work it!</sarcasm>

Absolutely awful.

Last edited:

Clip

Established Member
It looks like the stable wall where someone's been on an acid trip! Who the hell thought yellow was a good idea?

Thats what I thought. But you read the story and it turns out its meant to be green???

jopsuk

Veteran Member
The guy in the middle that seems to have escaped with something classy- is he a driver or management?

NSE

Established Member
Honestly, I was about to ask why was the picture taken with a shadow on the employees, then I realised :/ it looks bloody awful

SS4

Established Member
Are they going to be sent into mines to check for toxic gases? Or has Delia taken over?

lauraGeeGee

Oh my gawd!!

I do hope my firm doesn't get any funny ideas!

I've always enjoyed the fact that I have to wear a uniform. There are so many benefits. For a start I haven't got to worry about what I'm going to wear every day.:lol:

But THAT!! Sorry, it's vile.

Anon Mouse

Established Member
That has got to be the worst uniform I have ever seen. What was wrong with the old one, it was very sexy on the ladies!

Captain Chaos

They look like Liquorice Allsorts! Horrid uniform! I hope FGW don't start getting any funny ideas now...

Anon Mouse

Established Member
I hope Bittern or blackettstreet don't see this! :roll:

why? just stating a preference. Even if their Wives/Girlfreinds etc worked on GatEx I wouldnt have thought any offence would be taken, maybe they would even agree ;)

Yes, it was a little sexist but, just a bit of lighthearted humour. It certainly wouldnt bother me if somebody stated my TOC's uniform looked sexy on staff, I would just think they were a bit odd...

332 > 444

That has got to be the worst uniform I have ever seen. What was wrong with the old one, it was very sexy on the ladies!

No it wasn't, trust me on that one!! At least two of us in this thread will be putting this on every day :cry:

And Paul, i hope you are being sarcastic!!

Status
Not open for further replies.