• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Job Signaller grade 9 London Victoria

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexWright

Hi I been working for network rail for 11 years now worked on off track then moved to Works Delivery as a team leader. Decided I'd like to do something different so I applied for Signallers job at Victoria which I'm happy to say I got. My start date is the 31st August.

Just wondered if anyone had anymore information like the training what's it like roster times shift patterns any info really that you think could help would be great

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Yabbadabba

Is the job Victoria South Eastern or Victoria South Central as they have their own LOMs and their own roster?

Dan_c27

Hi I been working for network rail for 11 years now worked on off track then moved to Works Delivery as a team leader. Decided I'd like to do something different so I applied for Signallers job at Victoria which I'm happy to say I got. My start date is the 31st August.

Just wondered if anyone had anymore information like the training what's it like roster times shift patterns any info really that you think could help would be great

Thanks

Hey buddy, I too am joining victoria signal box. Was supposed to start the training school on the 1st of september, but I can't leave my current role (team leader in ultrasonics) until the end of october! The LOM said someone else was joining at the same time, I'm guessing that was you? On the central side?

Dan

AlexWright

Hey buddy, I too am joining victoria signal box. Was supposed to start the training school on the 1st of september, but I can't leave my current role (team leader in ultrasonics) until the end of october! The LOM said someone else was joining at the same time, I'm guessing that was you? On the central side?

Dan

hi dan yeah i think we must be in the same signal box is you LOM Andrew lee?

Gutted you won't be able to come in september would of been nice to be on the course with someone from the same box

Is the job Victoria South Eastern or Victoria South Central as they have their own LOMs and their own roster?

i believe I'm in the South Central part of the box i think ill be on the Wimbledon Loop once I'm passed out

just wondering if Overtime will be available whilst I'm training and what sort of hours and times the shifts are i know the boxes are open 24 hrs a day

TomBoyd

Wow, they're bringing in a lot of new blood, there's another internal advert up at the moment... I am tempted!

As for finding out more, use the Phonebook on Connect. Call the LOM and arrange a visit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.