• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New look VTWC website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilmarnocklad

Hi guys,

Just looked at the Virgin Trains website and they are launching a new look website. The good news it that they are also going to have a seat picker!

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mikeg

Established Member
I wonder if this means more harmonisation with the VTEC website and a move to WebTIS?

As long as there remain some websites that use the Trainline as their booking engine I'm happy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of the Trainline's booking engine but it's handy to have it freely available given that it's a bit better at recognising additional permitted routes.

najaB

Veteran Member
As long as there remain some websites that use the Trainline as their booking engine I'm happy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of the Trainline's booking engine but it's handy to have it freely available given that it's a bit better at recognising additional permitted routes.
I actually prefer it, I find it easier to use than WebTIS.

crehld

Established Member

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I actually prefer it, I find it easier to use than WebTIS.

Personal preference, but I think Trainline is to some extent easier for novices, but WebTIS for power users as it's easier to make it do what you want it to?

Seat selection is a definite plus, it might make me actually bother reserving, particularly as VT has now started booking out the priority seats as normal seats so it's much harder to get one unreserved than it used to be.

najaB

Veteran Member
That's actually a good way of putting it!
Perhaps it's due to familiarity (we use TheTrainline for our corporate account), but I don't have trouble getting the fares I need from TTL. You just have to use the 'Other fares with slower routes' link down at the bottom. There's been a few occasions where I've been able to find tickets using TTL interface that don't show up in WebTIS - whether they are valid or not is another question!) Quite fun when you show up at the ticket office later asking for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.